Kioti NX rear defrost glass upgrade

/ Kioti NX rear defrost glass upgrade #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
The back window of my 2015 NX got shot out by someone mowing nearby without a guard on, so I ordered the 2016+ back glass with the defrost wires built in. Has anyone done this upgrade? It's not plug and play according to Kioti as there is not a spot in the fuse box/etc. for it, but I am assuming I can order all the rest of the parts (it's a switch and two relays, I assume one is the timer?) and simply supply power and ground and we should be good to go?

/ Kioti NX rear defrost glass upgrade #2  
I imagine it is as simple you're thinking. The defroster should get put on a 20amp circuit (or something around that) so you may need install and inline unless you can pin in the wires in an open slot in the box.

/ Kioti NX rear defrost glass upgrade
In a giant clusterf***, the glass Kioti shipped was busted on the door, and they sent the pre-defrost rear window now saying that the shape of the glass is different. How can this be when the cab is exactly the same otherwise? I think they're now trying to get me to accept the wrong glass.

This order has been a giant cluster. They Fedex LTL'd it and when I called the dealer to let them know that Fedex called to say it was broken, the dealer said Kioti was mad that they even shipped it directly to me and it should have been shipped directly to the dealer. When I got to Fedex to pick up the non-broken piece and the parts, Kioti had told Fedex not to release the glass to me, and the dealer would have to drive to my town (2.5 hours away) to pick it up and I could get it from them. This is after I paid for the glass, was told it would be shipped to my house, and drove there to pick it up... they called and told Fedex not to let me have it.

I was going to accept the back glass and parts but when I opened up the parts box the weather stripping for both was missing. What a pain in the ***. Very disappointed in Kioti. It's a miracle the back glass made it - the dealer told me the glass would be crated. The door glass was in a huge cardboard box, the back window glass was in a small cardboard box with two pieces of foam on the same end and the other end of the glass loose... it's a miracle that made it freight in one piece. I think it was far more likely that both pieces of glass would have ended up broken.

Just spoke with the dealer. Kioti told them that Fedex will not ship the glass to the customer. Fedex says no problem and all the other tractor manufacturers they represent use Fedex and ship direct to the customer just fine.

The latest tech at Kioti confirmed the glass IS the same, and Kioti supposedly shipped the defrost glass to the dealer. Waiting to hear back.

Now 4 hours in the truck to pick up this crap I paid to have shipped to me. If it's all there.

/ Kioti NX rear defrost glass upgrade #5  
If it went to the dealer, someone would be refunding me some freight money if you paid for delivery!

Do you have an itemized invoice?

No invoice until I pick it up. They couldn't tell me how much shipping would even be. It really upsets me that Kioti would ship it to me and then tell Fedex not to release it to me without even bothering to tell me. I paid for the product and shipping, it was shipped to me... that's bullshit.

Had I have known any of this ahead of time, I would have ordered it from the closest dealer which is only 45 minutes away and a drive I make most of on a semi-regular basis anyway. Instead I ordered it from the selling dealer. :(

/ Kioti NX rear defrost glass upgrade #7  
Be careful with FedEx. They shipped a rototiller and damaged it. They tricked me into hustling to get it out of their hair. I didn't inspect at the depot.

Basically, if Kioti is confident in their packing then all that is required is that the customer inspects upon receipt. If there is damage then the customer refuses to accept the package. At that point Kioti and FedEx have to hash things out. If Kioti isn't confident in their packing then they ought not be offering to ship, period.

I suspect that none of this is necessarily only FedEx's domain, but of all the shipments I've gotten only FeDEx has mashed them.

Be careful with FedEx. They shipped a rototiller and damaged it. They tricked me into hustling to get it out of their hair. I didn't inspect at the depot.

Basically, if Kioti is confident in their packing then all that is required is that the customer inspects upon receipt. If there is damage then the customer refuses to accept the package. At that point Kioti and FedEx have to hash things out. If Kioti isn't confident in their packing then they ought not be offering to ship, period.

I suspect that none of this is necessarily only FedEx's domain, but of all the shipments I've gotten only FeDEx has mashed them.

FedEx was great. They told me on the phone about the glass and had already called Kioti to tell them it wouldn't be accepted.

Shipping glass via freight requires a bit of common sense. I'm hoping Kioti ships more stuff freight than I do so this shouldn't be crazy. Shipping a giant piece of glass loose in a cardboard box that can move around, in a truck full of palletized heavy shipments seems like an obvious recipe for failure. Besides how they treated me after the fact.

/ Kioti NX rear defrost glass upgrade #9  
Kioti refuses to blind drop ship, a thing that negatively increases to price to customers who are not within reasonable driving distance of their closest dealer. Back in the 90s, more than 20 years ago, the world of dealers, retailers, and Value Added Resellers perfected blind drop shipping with Fed-Ex and UPS, but not Kioti. Sorry to hear of your experience. I had a similar experience from Kioti not packing a large part properly. Happened 2x times at which time I agreed to purchase both slightly damaged parts for about 45% retail.

/ Kioti NX rear defrost glass upgrade #10  
Bought my brand new leftover Kioti Mechron and asked my selling dealer who has sold me 2 Kioti tractors, both of them within a year of each other and then the Mechron UTV, to get me some things from Kioti to add to the UTV. I was quoted prices, but nothing was mentioned about S/H at all. Except, I was told he'd get it on the truck, as part of his next parts order.
I waited and waited. I called and the usual, I don't know when it will get here, we'll call you when it gets here.
Waited, waited. Drove over. The parts were there. Boxes were banged up, or torn. I asked why I hadn't been called- no reason given. I got the bill and went to pay- looked a the invoice- saw S/H charges and said there was no discussion about S/H on a stock parts order! They said sorry but ther's always S/H on any order. I said if you don't tell me in advance I'm not going to be happy about costs beyond what I was quoted. The dealer knows I'm good for his bottom line, and I like him. I don't like getting extra expenses I'm not aware of. He takes care of me to make up for it.

I'm sorry you're going through heii with the dealer, Kioti, and Fed-X. 4 hours R/T, WOW! I sure hope your neighbor is picking up the glass replacement bill?
Let us know how it works out....Good luck!:thumbsup: