Tractor Sizing KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets
The nx6010 with loader and backhoe is around 45000. I would need to unload a trailer 15 to 20 times a year with the machine. I am going to do the test and see how it works out. If it doesn't feel comfortable I will look into other options. I agree with the the visabiltiy of the pallets from the tractor. I would mainly be using it to unload trailers to run pallets to the shop. I figured since I needed/wanted a tractor with fel and backhoe I would see if I can find one that fits the need for unloading trailers also. Thank you

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #12  
I think you need to look to the next sized tractor. You're probably not going to be lifting 2500 lbs plus fork and pallet weight... And even if you do, it wont be very safe.

My Massey is practically rated the same (when you factor in all variables) and I've lifted 2400, evenly distributed on a pallet. But I certainly wouldn't drive around with it. That was on a flat slab in my barn, for testing purposes only.

Now that I have a track loader (tipping load of 5500 lbs) my tractor only moves light stuff around on pallets.

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #13  
Thanks for the info. Just for accuracy, make sure the relief pressure is set properly on the tractors. I still feel that 2500lbs is a bit much for these sized CUT's, but it still would help with accuracy to verify that the psi relief is set properly.

LocationLehighton, PaTractorNone
Re: KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets
I was able to make it to the dealer to do a lift test with my 2500 lb pallet. We tested a rx7320 first and the back wheel started to lift off the ground. We added a mower to back of the unit which helped with ballast. I would have the tires filled and backhoe on the back so weight ballast shouldn't be a problem. Here is the link on youtube. https://youtu.be/QixZW5-c5Ss Kioti RX7320 lift test . The Rx lifted the pallet no problem and actually did it quite easily without any strain on tractor. They only had in stock a rx7320 but it and the Rx6620 have the same lift capacity. The dealer is getting a Rx6620 in stock next week that I want to look at. I am concerned about the tractor being too large for trailering and completing other jobs on our property. The 6620 is supposed to be smaller than the 7320.

I was also able to test a Nx6010. The wheels on this unit are steel wheels and we added the same mower from the first video as ballast. Here is the link. https://youtu.be/mmQSIn5l0X8 As you can see the nx6010 could not get the pallet off the ground at first. The operator then raised the rpms and curled the pallet back and was able to lift three inches off the ground. The tractor was straining very much and could not lift the pallet any higher.

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #16  
Was this an nx6010 tractor or are you referring to the loader which is the 6010 model?

The second test was a nx6010 tractor.

First test was a rx7320.

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #19  
The nx6010 with loader and backhoe is around 45000. I would need to unload a trailer 15 to 20 times a year with the machine. I am going to do the test and see how it works out. If it doesn't feel comfortable I will look into other options. I agree with the the visabiltiy of the pallets from the tractor. I would mainly be using it to unload trailers to run pallets to the shop. I figured since I needed/wanted a tractor with fel and backhoe I would see if I can find one that fits the need for unloading trailers also. Thank you

I completely agree that visibility from a tractor is no where near as good as a fork truck or skid steer. That being said, I use my tractor FEL to move pallets from the ground routinely and find it to be very easy to line up and pick the pallet up from the ground. And I don't even have HST and I don't slip the clutch. All you have to do is line up straight in front of the pallet. Lower the forks flat to he ground. Raise them 2" and drive forward until the pallet is fully on the forks. Piece of cake if there is room to work. Would not be as easy in a tight space.

I was surprised the NX didn't lift higher. But when I did the math it made sense. If the loader arms are 7 feet long. and if the load center is 3 feet beyond the pins that 2500 pound load should feel like 3571 at the pins. The forks, if heavy duty probably weight 400 pounds vs the standard bucket which I'm guess is ~250. So now that is 3721 at the pins (over and above the standard bucket). That's just about the breakout of the tractor.

The self leveling loader on the RX has a huge mechanical advantage for pallets compared to the non-self leveling loader on the NX. Not to mention it is rated at higher weights. In reality, for pallet work, the RX can probably lift twice what the NX can at ground level due to the self leveling loader which shouldn't lose lift capacity as the load moves farther out from the pins (but it will still tip easier as the load moves farther out).

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #20  
Great thread, David. Thanks go you (and that dealer) for doing the lift tests and videotaping them. I love the NX series, and the KL6010 loader (same on all models) is a beast. But this is a good demonstration of needing to know the limits of any machine and matching it to the particular job!