Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you?

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #51  
Your brake works the opposite of the NX4510 HST. You need to pull up your locking lever to lock the pedals down?
Nope. By (lightly) pulling up on the locking lever while feathering down on the pedal, I can fine tune (and hear) how the teeth are engaging. If I go about it normally (pedal down then engage brake) it doesn't always catch.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #52  
Nope. By (lightly) pulling up on the locking lever while feathering down on the pedal, I can fine tune (and hear) how the teeth are engaging. If I go about it normally (pedal down then engage brake) it doesn't always catch.
Try pushing the brake down all the way. Then lift your locking lever and release the foot brake slowly.

Last edited:
   / Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you?
OP here.

As noted at the beginning of this thread, I use my parking brake a LOT. Sometimes at the first click, and sometimes at the 2nd. What I do is press the brake pedal with my right foot while placing left foot lightly on the PB lever, pressing down. I press the brake pedal down just until I hear/feel the first click via my left foot. I go for 2 clicks when on steeper slopes, but then I have to push the brake pedal a lot harder.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #54  
470 hrs. on my 1 yr. old 2610 checked the park brake teeth today and the paint is hardly wore of the them. I use the brake multiple times every living on a mt. side. I can only assume from this that if your taking the teeth off your emergency break your not applying it properly.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #55  
470 hrs. on my 1 yr. old 2610 checked the park brake teeth today and the paint is hardly wore of the them. I use the brake multiple times every living on a mt. side. I can only assume from this that if your taking the teeth off your emergency break your not applying it properly.
Or possibly that Kioti sourced a different type of metal than they did back in 2005, which is what year my CK25 is. After further investigating my teeth weren't as badly worn as the OP's, rather the locking lever had a worn "slot" in it where it engages the teeth on the lever. I was able to remove the inner brake pedal and filled the worn slot with weld and now it works great.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you?
Or possibly that Kioti sourced a different type of metal than they did back in 2005, which is what year my CK25 is.
That's true. My 2005 CK30 now at about 1000hr and no problems.

Metallurgy is important. This problem (that did not affect everyone) reminds me of the diff lock mech on my JD 4300s. One side of the dog clutch was worn so much, the DL would not engage. The other side, pristine. Some folks never use the DL; others, all the time. So not every 4300 manifested this problem. Or they upgraded the steel used.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #57  
Try pushing the brake down all the way. Then lift your locking lever and release the foot brake slowly.
Thank you yes, that improved the reliability.