Kioti RX6620 Regen light. How often?

/ Kioti RX6620 Regen light. How often? #1  

Sean2202

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L305DT
Curious on what others might be seeing on the Regen light on their Kiotis. I have a RX6620 for use at my work. It has 122 hrs on it now. It is used around the shop and also running implements. Here Is my Regen history.

41 hrs, pushed bypass once.
83 light on REGEN performed
104 light on REGEN performed
122 light on REGEN performed

Is this normal?

Thanks for any input
Sean

/ Kioti RX6620 Regen light. How often? #2  
The frequency of regens is directly affected by how hard the tractor is used.

If it's doing light work, like loader work or just moving around, it will regen more often. If it's doing harder work that is lugging down the engine, like mowing some heavy and dense brush, it will regen less.

It's hard to say if that is normal or not because we don't really know how you use your tractor but I say that's probably right for moving around the shop.

The most important part is that it's starting the regen and completing the process on it's own, without popping errors or something like that.

Last edited:
   / Kioti RX6620 Regen light. How often? #3  
Ptsg is 100% accurate. Regen cycles are very dependent on your personal operating habits. How you work your tractor. Short work periods at lower rpm often create lots more DPF soot, than a longer work period at higher rpm. My CK4010 runs right at about 27hours per regen cycle. I have noticed that bigger tractors tend to have longer regen cycles.

If you believe your regen cycles are too short, consider increasing rpm's for your tractor, which increases exhaust temperatures, which burn more soot up in the DPF.

/ Kioti RX6620 Regen light. How often? #4  
My NX5010 has had 3 regens in about 400 hours.

/ Kioti RX6620 Regen light. How often? #5  
There is no normal. The only 'normal' thing is the total life of the element in the SCR unit. Not sure about that brand but Kubota states the total life of the element (before cleaning / replacement is 2500 regens. After that, the accumulated ash content in the cannister causes the ECM to derate then engine until the element is either cleaned or renewed.

/ Kioti RX6620 Regen light. How often?
Thanks for the input. I will monitor this going forward. I assume the emissions requirements are why some tractor trailer have stickers that say "do not idle." Also I figure generally speaking a hydro tractor runs at higher RPM than a Powershuttle so maybe that is contributing to the regen cycle more often. Either way I think running it at higher RPM may be the new thinking here for me.

/ Kioti RX6620 Regen light. How often? #7  
Either way I think running it at higher RPM may be the new thinking here for me.

I try to run the throttle up to idle @ ~1500rpm and then engage linked pedal when tooling around or using the loader. Didn't take long to get use to.

/ Kioti RX6620 Regen light. How often? #8  
Myself, I find running a diesel at high RPM to be counter productive. If I wanted a high rpm engine, I'd have a gas motor. My Kubota's spend very little time running at higher rpm. No need to but then they aren't emissions engines either. Something I will never own.

/ Kioti RX6620 Regen light. How often? #9  
Myself, I find running a diesel at high RPM to be counter productive. If I wanted a high rpm engine, I'd have a gas motor. My Kubota's spend very little time running at higher rpm. No need to but then they aren't emissions engines either. Something I will never own.
I know what you mean, but "high rpm" is relative. Running at 2500 rpm is considered excessive to my neighbor, but my PTO 540 is @2500 rpm. For those with emission systems, instead of driving back to the barn at 1500rpm, do it at 1900rpm, and your emission system will have less problems over time.

/ Kioti RX6620 Regen light. How often? #10  
I know what you mean, but "high rpm" is relative. Running at 2500 rpm is considered excessive to my neighbor, but my PTO 540 is @2500 rpm. For those with emission systems, instead of driving back to the barn at 1500rpm, do it at 1900rpm, and your emission system will have less problems over time.