Kioti size help

/ Kioti size help #1  

jon1matt74

Tractor
John Deere
Looking to buy my first Kioti tractor for my 26 acre farm. The tasks are bush-hogging 20 acres once per year that includes steep hills, tilling my vegetable garden, 1000ft gravel driveway maintenance, cutting and hauling wood for winter and just general tractor and loader work. I think the ck2610 would suit most of my needs except bush hogging. Just cant see doing it with a 5ft BH. Im leaning toward Nx 6010. Im assuming I can run a 6ft BH and might get away with a 7ft. What are your thoughts?

/ Kioti size help #2  
My vote would be the NX 6010 out of the two. Yes it will handle a 6ft or 7ft mower with no issues.

/ Kioti size help #3  
I have the NX50 and it does everything you list and more, like stump grinding.

/ Kioti size help #4  
Here is a active thread from someone with tractor needs similar to yours:

Looking to buy my first Kioti tractor for my 26 acre farm. The tasks are bush-hogging 20 acres once per year that includes steep hills, tilling my vegetable garden, 1000ft gravel driveway maintenance, cutting and hauling wood for winter and just general tractor and loader work.

I think the ck2610 would suit most of my needs except bush hogging.

Subcompact and compact tractors under 3,000 pounds bare weight operate in landscape, kitchen/commercial garden or hobby farm applications on one to ten flat acres.
~~ BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR ~~

When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third, rear wheel/tire ballast fourth.

Bare tractor weight first

Every tractor producer has at least an economy and deluxe model in the 4,000 pound bare weight category, with a 66" width and 40 to 60 horsepower. These are the mid-weights in the compact tractor category and sell in high unit volumes.

tractor horsepower second

I am assuming I can run a 6ft BH and might get away with a 7ft.

Mowing once per year you will need a heavy duty Rotary Cutter weighing 1,100 to 1,500 pounds and at least 50 engine horsepower to spin it cutting 5' to 7' tall grass and a year's production of brush.

If contemplating a cab tractor, 60 engine horsepower would be better. The cab weights ~ 700 pounds ~ and the air conditioning requires power.

rear axle width third

Tractors are inherently unstable operating on sloped ground. Tractor rear wheel/tire spread, sometimes adjustable, is a critical factor increasing compact tractor stability working sloped or uneven ground. A 6" to 10" increase in rear axle width substantially decreases tractor rollover potential. Tractor width is an approximation of rear axle width.

Small tractor wheels drop into holes, disrupting traction. Larger wheels and tires supplied on heavier tractors bridge holes and ruts, increasing traction. Larger wheels and tires permit higher operating speed over uneven ground by reducing implement bounce and operator perturbation.

CK2610 is too light/narrow/unstable for your topography and tractor applications.

rear wheel/tire ballast fourth

To apply 60-horsepower to the ground with an open station tractor you will probably want rear tires filled 50% or 75% with liquid to lower tractor center-of-gravity and bolt-on wheel weights.

If you are considering a cab tractor the cab weight substitutes for wheel weights.

Tasks include hauling wood for winter and just general tractor and loader work.

With this ballast on the rear wheels you will be able to lift 65% (+/-) of Loader capacity without a Three Point Hitch implement mounted.

Last edited:
   / Kioti size help #5  
What John Deere tractor do you have now?

Is the John Deere about the same weight as prospective Kioti?

How has the John Deere's weight and width kept you happy?

Within subcompact and compact tractor categories, a significant tractor capability increase requires a bare tractor weight increase of 50%. It takes a 100% increase in bare tractor weight to elicit MY-OH-MY!

Last edited:
   / Kioti size help #6  
Number one on the list should be dealer support and parts availability. There's at least two recent discussions on the forum about the lack of both from the brand you're considering. Both indicated stock parts from other tractors having to be modified to work on the Kioti. If your not a handy man AND a machinist, you may have troubles.

Call the dealer and ask about common parts--Like a gasket set, wire harness or water pump. Warrantee or not, if the parts are not available, you have a dead tractor.

/ Kioti size help #7  
Not my parts experience with having owned two Kioti's? FYI, many JD parts on certain models also apply to a Kioti. Parts are a tough thing during covid for many brands. many dealers of cars, trucks and tractors don't inventory lots of poarts in todays world, filters maybe a few others for maintenance.
And as for needing a 1100 to 1500# BH to clear 20 acres on a hobby farm?-my 6' BH branded rotary cutter will easily do that in a few hours using my DK35SE? I see weeds taller than my head each year and mows right on through them. I vote for a small utility tractor not a need for 60hp for that small piece of ground. You could easily use a UTV for firewood and handyman jobs. I maintain a 1/2 mile of steep private gravel road using a Land Pride 6' box scraper which is easily done with my tractor. I also skid logs with the same machine. Is it ideal for a 36"dia oak log-no, but that's not the main use either.

/ Kioti size help
What John Deere tractor do you have now?

Is the John Deere about the same weight as prospective Kioti?

How has the John Deere's weight and width kept you happy?

Within subcompact and compact tractor categories, a significant tractor capability increase requires a bare tractor weight increase of 50%. It takes a 100% increase in bare tractor weight to elicit MY-OH-MY!

I had a JD 2355 with loader. The tractor was ok but was only 2wd and it didn't have a fully synchronized gears. I sold it and want something 4wd and either HST or at least shuttle shift. I love JD larger tractors but am not sold on their smaller economy tractors. I have a Kioti dealer within 10 miles of my house and they are dependable people. The only problem is they are almost sold out of inventory but they do have a slightly used (repoed) NX4010 cab tractor with like 260 hrs for $ 29,000ish. The same dealer does also carries Massey Ferguson and has more of those in inventory but my understanding is they are more geared toward "AG" tractors.

/ Kioti size help #9  
The NX is a deluxe series. A 4,000 bare weight deluxe tractor with a cab for $29,000 I would consider a bargain assuming the tractor checks out during a careful inspection.

The same dealer does also carries Massey Ferguson and has more of those in inventory but my understanding is they are more geared toward "AG" tractors.

Sufficient tractor weight is more important for most tractor applications than increased tractor horsepower. Bare tractor weight is a tractor specification easily found in sales brochures and web sites, readily comparable across tractor brands and tractor models, new and used.

The design of the Three Point Hitch tractor has been marketed in the USA since 1939 -- 82 years in 2021.

If you compare approximately equal weight 4-WD tractors there will be minimal differences in tractor capability between brands. Although tractor Brand Managers might like you to think otherwise.....

Last edited:
   / Kioti size help #10  
Right in between the CK2610 and NX6010 (both in size and cost) is the DK4510 which is what I recently bought. I mow about 26 acres of my 40 acre place which is fairly hilly. I had previously used a MF1250 (34 HP/27 PTO HP) with a 60" Bush Hog Squealer. It served me well for 27 years but the DK4510 does the job in less than half the time using half the fuel. I also purchased a Land Pride RCD1884 Dual Spindle 84" rotary mower which is easily powered by the DK. Since I use the tractor mostly for mowing on hills, I opted for the manual shuttle which leaves me 42 PTO HP. The tractor is also heavy enough for the 72" root grapple that I bought with the tractor. You may want to take a look at the DK series. I was able to add many of the niceties like rubber mat, air ride seat, telescoping links, rear remotes, with third function and grapple for under $30K.