Kioti vs. Kubota comps

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
I've been seriously considering a Kubota Grand L 3940. Can you tell me which series of Kioti is the closest match to this for comparison? Any general feedback would be helpful.
Thanks

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #2  
I would say the DK35SE comparing all specs. I was in the same boat you are and started looking at the Grand L 3240. I took a good look at the Kioti and found the DK40SE for the same money. After driving the 2 and comparing specs I went back to the Kabota and found the Grand L 4240 to be the equal. If you just compare HP then you are missing the most important specifications.

I really like both machines and companies and you won't go wrong with either.

In the end I settled on the DK40SE with cab. I was able to get that machine for the same price as the Grand L 3240 without cab. I could not even afford to sit on the 4240 even a 2 year old rusty leftover without cab was out of my price range.

Initially I was doubtful about getting a cab but man I would never get one without now that I have one. I am an out doors guy and hate A/C. On those nice days the cab opens up well. For the dog days of summer and winter no need to put off the chores. Aside from all that mowing, brush hoggin and dirt handling leaves you clean and dust free. Some guys will tell ya it aint a tractor if it has a cab then there is the other camp that say it aint a tractor without one.

Good luck shopping and have fun. This site is a great resource ask all the questions you can.

Tom

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #3  
If the Grand L is the full deluxe model of 40hp Kubota then the Kioti DK40 would be the one to compare with but if you are getting a basic Kubota model then the DS 4110 might be the compared model.

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps
I appreciate the feedback. I've gotten a price of 26K for the 3940 with FEL, R4s, quick coupler and rear remote. How does that price compare for the tractor your talking about?
Thanks

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps
The Grand L is the top of the compact Kubota line so I'll start looking at the DK line for comparisons.
Thanks

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #6  
Kioti DK 40se would be the closest match to the 3940

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #7  
To further justify the DK35SE to Grand L 3940 comparison here are some details and changing point in the 2 tractor lines.

The Kabota Grand L series from the 3240 to the 3940 are the same tractor with bigger engines. All of these can use the LA724 loader and BH90 backhoe. The 3940 is where the engines change from a 3-4 cylinders. Once you jump up to the 4240 the larger LA854 loader is available. So for the Grand L series the 3240 is the sweet spot unless you need more PTO HP and the 4240 is the sweet spot if you need lifting power.

The Kioti DK series starts with the DK35SE and uses KL351 loader and KB2485 backhoe. This is a similar size machine to the 3940 and both have 38 HP engines (well the Kabota has 38.5 HP). The change over in the DK series is the DK40SE and upgrades the loader to the KL401. The DK40 is a 41 HP tractor and the 4240 a 42 HP tractor (close enough). The DK45/50 just get more PTO HP so if you don't need it then stick with the sweet spot DK40SE. If you don't need the extra lifting power the DK35SE is a great machine. I wanted more lifting power as I handle lots of firewood and wanted a machine that could handle a 1/2 cord pallet. The DK40SE moves it with ease with the backhoe on.

Look over all the specs like weight, lifting capacities and hydralic flow. I found that the Kioti was heavier, could lift more (front and rear) and has more hydralic flow than the Kabota. The Kabota has a more advanced HST the 2 speed shift on the fly option was nice. The controls are also different so drive both and decide which you like better. Kabota uses a tredal pedal and Kioti indepndant forward/reverse like JD.

When your comparing don't forget to include the compariable features. I found the Kioti machines come standard with most of the options available for the Kabota. The Kabota options needed add up real fast to eaqual the stock Kioti.

Tom

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps
To further justify the DK35SE to Grand L 3940 comparison here are some details and changing point in the 2 tractor lines.

The Kabota Grand L series from the 3240 to the 3940 are the same tractor with bigger engines. All of these can use the LA724 loader and BH90 backhoe. The 3940 is where the engines change from a 3-4 cylinders. Once you jump up to the 4240 the larger LA854 loader is available. So for the Grand L series the 3240 is the sweet spot unless you need more PTO HP and the 4240 is the sweet spot if you need lifting power.

The Kioti DK series starts with the DK35SE and uses KL351 loader and KB2485 backhoe. This is a similar size machine to the 3940 and both have 38 HP engines (well the Kabota has 38.5 HP). The change over in the DK series is the DK40SE and upgrades the loader to the KL401. The DK40 is a 41 HP tractor and the 4240 a 42 HP tractor (close enough). The DK45/50 just get more PTO HP so if you don't need it then stick with the sweet spot DK40SE. If you don't need the extra lifting power the DK35SE is a great machine. I wanted more lifting power as I handle lots of firewood and wanted a machine that could handle a 1/2 cord pallet. The DK40SE moves it with ease with the backhoe on.

Look over all the specs like weight, lifting capacities and hydralic flow. I found that the Kioti was heavier, could lift more (front and rear) and has more hydralic flow than the Kabota. The Kabota has a more advanced HST the 2 speed shift on the fly option was nice. The controls are also different so drive both and decide which you like better. Kabota uses a tredal pedal and Kioti indepndant forward/reverse like JD.

When your comparing don't forget to include the compariable features. I found the Kioti machines come standard with most of the options available for the Kabota. The Kabota options needed add up real fast to eaqual the stock Kioti.

Tom

I want to run a 6 foot bush hog as the primary PTO consideration and may need to move round bales of hay in the future but that's not a given. Will the 35 pull a 6 foot bush hog with ease? Great information by the way.
Thanks

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #9  
The specifications that I looked at on the Kubota site show the 3940 having 40.5 gross HP, the DK 40 is 41 gross HP.

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #10  
Kabota 3940:
Engine gross 40.5
Engine net 38.5
PTO 31.5 for HST

Kioti DK35SE:
Engine gross 38
PTO 27 for HST

Kioti DK40SE
Engine gross 41
PTO 32.5 for HST

To be specific but you need to look at more than just simply the tractor HP to do a fair comparison. I am not trying to load the deck for Kioti just give you the facts. The DK40SE is also a good comparison to the 3940 I just feel its more equal to the 4240. I think if you objectivly compare all the specs you will understand.