Price Check Kioti vs kubota

/ Kioti vs kubota #91  
I would have still chosen the Kioti CK40 HST over the Kubota L3901 HST due to the fact that the 3 point hitch lifted about 200 hundred pounds more on the CK, the loader control was on the fender of the CK instead of it being by the front loader which is less comfortable, and the big one, the CK's loader lifts over 700 lbs more at the pivot pins than the L3901 which was important to me on land clearing and fork lift usage. It was nice that the Kioti was several thousands less but ultimately I liked the features on the Kioti better than the Kubota. I paid cash for my Kioti and could have easily paid cash for the Kubota so price was not as significant as work capacity.

Good points on buying a Kioti over the Kubota plus a much longer warranty period.

/ Kioti vs kubota #92  
Hey all, I just sold my faithful old Kubota today and I'm looking at upgrading to a little larger tractor. What is your opinion of the Kioti engine versus the Kubota engine? I have had 15 years of almost trouble free use out of my Kubota. I've heard some stories about the Kioti engine not being any good with all the emissions that have been put on it. The Kioti is considerably cheaper than the Kubota in the same size range. Both dealerships are close to me. Do I need to worry about the engine on either tractor with the emissions?

I would like to hear evidence for that statement. I hear it often but when I see price paid for a Kioti from members here or on YouTube it appears to be very close (if not more) than what I paid for my Kubota.

/ Kioti vs kubota #93  
Kioti hasn't done well in my area. The last dealer to have them also sold trailers, golf carts and garage sale type items spread out over the lawn. He probbly had about a dozen tractors at his peak, but the last time I drove by there, he no longer had Kioti and was selling something painted red.

Kubota has dozens of tractors on their yard along with every type of implement that you will ever need. They only sell Kubota. They have a very large, fully staffed repair shop that is run by friendly people that will walk you through how to do the repair yourself if you don't want to bring it in to them.

In my opinion, Kubota is like Honda. It's what everyone else compares to and tries to be "almost" as good as. With Kubota, you know what you are getting, and you know that the dealer will be there decades after you buy the tractor. You do not know this with Kioti.

I'm about an 90 miles north of you and the nearest Kioti dealer appears to be in Decatur, Tx, about 3 hrs from me.

Kioti has a longer warranty than other major tractor brands but won't help me if dealer support is far way.

But so does Kia cars and I won't be buying one of those. :laughing:

/ Kioti vs kubota #94  
I would like to hear evidence for that statement. I hear it often but when I see price paid for a Kioti from members here or on YouTube it appears to be very close (if not more) than what I paid for my Kubota.

I paid 30K out the door for my new NX5010 HST 2 months ago. The comparable L4760 HST was quoted at 38K. I would consider that considerably cheaper IMO. Perhaps in smaller framed tractors the price gap is smaller? (I mean that with no ill intentions, I did not price SCUTs or under 45 HP tractors as I had zero desire/need for one).

/ Kioti vs kubota #95  
I paid 30K out the door for my new NX5010 HST 2 months ago. The comparable L4760 HST was quoted at 38K. I would consider that considerably cheaper IMO. Perhaps in smaller framed tractors the price gap is smaller? (I mean that with no ill intentions, I did not price SCUTs or under 45 HP tractors as I had zero desire/need for one).

NX5010 HST with cab? If so I can see that.

Back in Feb 2019 I was quoted $28,500 for the Kubota L4701 and I believe the MX4800 would have been $29,500. I paid $21,800 for my L3301.

/ Kioti vs kubota #96  
NX5010 HST with cab? If so I can see that.

Back in Feb 2019 I was quoted $28,500 for the Kubota L4701 and I believe the MX4800 would have been $29,500. I paid $21,800 for my L3301.

ROPs, I live in a woods. Knowing my luck, the cab wouldn't last long.

/ Kioti vs kubota #97  
ROPs, I live in a woods. Knowing my luck, the cab wouldn't last long.

I was going everything I could to justify a cab but as much work as I do within 40 acres of woods I had the same fears. Maybe once I've cleared all the underbrush and paid off the tractor I might consider a cabbed tractor.

/ Kioti vs kubota #98  
My cabbed Kubota is 6 inches shorter than the ROPS version. I don't have big trees but plenty of brush. Yes, it is already scratched up some from brush but I have not been slapped in the face by any since I bought it. :) Also I have disrupted at least two bee nest where the bees were flying around the tractor but did not get any stings. Now, if you fold the ROPS down that is a different matter. But it does not do you much good folded down.

/ Kioti vs kubota #99  
My cabbed Kubota is 6 inches shorter than the ROPS version. I don't have big trees but plenty of brush. Yes, it is already scratched up some from brush but I have not been slapped in the face by any since I bought it. :) Also I have disrupted at least two bee nest where the bees were flying around the tractor but did not get any stings. Now, if you fold the ROPS down that is a different matter. But it does not do you much good folded down.

I've heard of horror stories about ground hornets and bees nests. So far I haven't hit any. I told my wife once I hit 60 I might just splurge on a cabbed tractor as I'm already getting to old to eat dust, pollen and melting in the heat with an open station tractor in the woods. Hopefully by the time I get the cabbed tractor all my woods will have been thinned out. That and I will probably mow using a finish mower instead of my zero turn.

/ Kioti vs kubota #100  
I've heard of horror stories about ground hornets and bees nests. So far I haven't hit any. I told my wife once I hit 60 I might just splurge on a cabbed tractor as I'm already getting to old to eat dust, pollen and melting in the heat with an open station tractor in the woods. Hopefully by the time I get the cabbed tractor all my woods will have been thinned out. That and I will probably mow using a finish mower instead of my zero turn.

I waited until age 64, but same reasons to buy my NX5010C 1 1/2 months ago. We have a mix of woods and open areas. Kept the 9 year old Mahindra 3616 open station for woods work. With trade-in quoted at wholesale value, it wasn't worth trading it to me. I may sell it privately some day, but want to see how much I need it first since I could never replace for current wholesale.