Kioti

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kioti #41  
When I decide on a specific high dollar item, I shop for the best deal on that specific item. Manufacturer, Model, exact same item may vary in price by 10-20 percent. When talking tens of thousands of dollars it is worth shopping the best price.

I don't agree at all. First of all, I don't think that the top quality tractors vary by 10-20 percent; I do see different pricing, but it is on the order of 5 to 10 percent.

So figure on a $40,000 tractor & implements, saving 5-10 % means that the purchase is going to be somewhere between 2 and 4 thousand less on $40K. Shucks, local sales taxes can vary that much from place to place. Shipping and hauling for any reason including warranty work can eat that up quickly too.

And if you go of the local area to save that money, you've just insulted your local dealer in a way that time doesn't heal. Don't think he won't notice.
So in the short run, if shopping price means going out of the area it doesn't save all that much money. And in the long run it might just lose money.

But there is a better way.... If money is all that important in a major tool purchase, a tractor buyer would be better served dollar wise by researching credit & investment costs and considering the whole package - including resale and warranty down time - to be more important than basic tractor prices.

rScotty

/ Kioti #42  
So now we are back to talking about tractors instead of sophisticated tools?

..."If you go out of the local area to save that money, you've just insulted your local dealer in a way that time doesn't heal."

The comment that started this had to do with @Rdrcr saying that Kioti tractor prices were higher in his area vs other areas. When I was still shopping tractors, my local Kubota dealer was 15% higher for an identical L4701 than another dealer an hour away. The same local dealer priced the exact same 84" cutter at $4,815 that yet a different Kubota dealer quoted for $3,800. I went ahead and took the risk of insulting the local dealer and bought from the other dealer. He apparently wasn't too concerned with insulting me.

I did give him another chance... I asked about replacement blades for the cutter and was told they were special order. Price was okay but he added shipping. When I contacted the other dealer, he came back with a similar quote, also included shipping, but only if I needed them right away. I told them both that I would wait and order them later, the cutter is new just checking availability and cost. The difference was the other dealer contacted me the next day and said he went ahead and ordered them in as stock in case I needed them later.

I try to deal locally when possible, even pay a little more to stay local when practical, but I ain't stupid about it.

Last edited:
   / Kioti #43  
No body said anything about the LS tractors, easy to
get parts and expanding getting more dealerships open.
Very well made tractor. LS Tractor offers a six-year warranty for most of their tractors. And just like all LS Tractor warranties, you get a two-year bumper to bumper protection, plus additional power train coverage that includes parts and labor. There's no deductible, and it isn't loaded with exclusions

willy

Willy, are planning on purchasing an LS tractor?
If so, we’ll need you to start posting videos…

Mike

/ Kioti #44  
No I am VERY HAPPY with my YANMAR YT235C.
I seen the LS tractors they are very nice & well made
I almost got one but the Yanmar after driving it bought it!
The dealer in Lubbock K&S Tractors has no problems
with LS tractors they get new LS tractors in and they
are gone in a few days and have orders for more!
Must be something wrong with the dealer because
LS tractor company is expanding and looking for dealers
I say LS tractors is because you can get a LS tractor it
seems like a lot faster than you can other brand tractors.
Why wait if you can get a nice tractor now??
There are a lot of guys that will say Kubota is a great tractor
but I seen a web site were people were saying Kubota is the
worst tractor on the market now be it the the guys assembly
line had a bunch of guys party weekend and came in to work
monday morning with a hangover and you have your monday
morning tractors of which perhaps these people complaining
were the ones who got these monday morning tractors????
I worked in a factory were they made prefab homes I didn't
work for this company but another repairing air tools seen that
this one guy didn't show up for work on monday on tuesday asked
him what happened to monday? said to much party on the week
end, I asked how much he spent on the weekend he told me and
then I asked how much he makes in a day I added it together and
told him that was how much it cost him for his party time. He quit
the weekend party time and never missed a day after that and he
even got a promotion.

willy

/ Kioti #45  
Both are great machines. You will pay more for Kubota, but resell will be better. I have much better dealer support with Kubota in my area of the country so that was also a factor. My Kioti dealer also sells TYM, LS, and some used cars (no thanks). My Kubota dealer has a network of 4 or 5 stores and has been in business since 1960. No brainer for me.

/ Kioti #46  
No I am VERY HAPPY with my YANMAR YT235C.
I seen the LS tractors they are very nice & well made
I almost got one but the Yanmar after driving it bought it!
The dealer in Lubbock K&S Tractors has no problems
with LS tractors they get new LS tractors in and they
are gone in a few days and have orders for more!
Must be something wrong with the dealer because
LS tractor company is expanding and looking for dealers
I say LS tractors is because you can get a LS tractor it
seems like a lot faster than you can other brand tractors.
Why wait if you can get a nice tractor now??
There are a lot of guys that will say Kubota is a great tractor
but I seen a web site were people were saying Kubota is the
worst tractor on the market now be it the the guys assembly
line had a bunch of guys party weekend and came in to work
monday morning with a hangover and you have your monday
morning tractors of which perhaps these people complaining
were the ones who got these monday morning tractors????
I worked in a factory were they made prefab homes I didn't
work for this company but another repairing air tools seen that
this one guy didn't show up for work on monday on tuesday asked
him what happened to monday? said to much party on the week
end, I asked how much he spent on the weekend he told me and
then I asked how much he makes in a day I added it together and
told him that was how much it cost him for his party time. He quit
the weekend party time and never missed a day after that and he
even got a promotion.

willy

I'm just making sure Willy... ;)

Mike

/ Kioti #47  
It's a business deal not a marriage when you buy a big ticket item like a tractor, car or whatever. They're certainly not shy about cashing my checks anywhere I go.
I have recently had phone conversations with many out of state dealers for several brands of tractor. They are just as close to me in the practical sense as the few that are in my own state. If I choose a dealer who's saving money in the thousands, so be it. I don't fly to the west coast from KY but I do know what's best for my billfold. When I re-built and sold wrecked cars I cared less where they lived and damned certain never sold a high end Euro car in Appalachia! Nor are there any kinds of dealer next door to me either.
Fact: I have seen many well over 10% cash savings on tractors I'm looking at. The sales tax savings in certain states alone is 6% for me in KY if I buy certain other places. On the same tractor that IndyJay bought a Kioti DK4510 I've seen a range of cash prices from ~$22-23K up to over $30k plus whatever the sales tax situ might be.
Take it or leave it...

/ Kioti #48  
Thank you ,I'm leaning Kioti now because the loader capacity i will be using the loader more than anything
If loader capacity is a concern, you should definitely compare the Branson. I considered John Deere, Kubota, Kioti, LS, Branson, and Mahindra. My spreadsheet said Branson was the deal, but if money had been no concern, I would likely have gotten a JD or Kubota.

/ Kioti #49  
Hey all,
So I'm in the market for a new tractor and I had my mind set on a Kubota but I've been researching the kioti tractor and seems pretty good, so my question is Kubota or kioti? Anybody owe and have any information they could provide in helping me in my decision would be greatly appreciated thank you
I was in the same position as you are in now about 3 years ago. I was wanting a Kubota but my research lead me to the Kioti 35 hp. The Kubota is more expensive and IMO the extra cost was not worth it for my basic needs. Having said that, if I could do it over I would have opted for the 50 hp Kioti. Simply because I have found myself in situations where I have met the limit load capacity on my 35 hp. I just have needed the extra hp. But I love my Kioti but I have discovered that the owner CANNOT buy options or even nuts and bolts directly as everything must go through a dealer. That means that there is always an additional markup going to the dealer just fir being a middleman. Don’t know if the same is true on the Kubota….

/ Kioti #50  
I am curious. What is it about the pedal arrangement that you didn't like and is atypical for similar tractors? Thanks!
It has a "heel and toe" HS arrangement, rather than two side-by-side pedals.

Status
Not open for further replies.