KK brand suppliers drying up???

/ KK brand suppliers drying up??? #1  

spruce Deere

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 with loader LS xr3140h also with loader plus a cab
Called a ranch supply store yesterday about kk tillers on hand, current prices and what not and was told the store, wich is a small chain of stores,the Big "R" store, and was told they were getting away from KK after stocking them for years.

Why..? I asked and the problem was on KK's end of the deal I was told. Cannot keep what we sell in good supply from them, so we are going with tarter brand, who can meet our supply demand.:confused:

Reading here on TBN, TSC seems to have left KK brand also

Is a KK tiller in that much demand or is it something elts:confused:.

Just got harder to find new, REAL KK tiller locally, or at least within 3 hours drive time for me:D

/ KK brand suppliers drying up??? #2  
That doesn't seem to be the case around here. There are a couple of stores that sell KK implements within about 20 miles of me. And I thought KK made TSC's CountyLine tillers? Maybe Tartar makes them now, but I could have sworn it was KK. Somebody else would have to confirm that.

/ KK brand suppliers drying up???
Well, far as who make'n who's tillers, that seems to be the million dollar question.

According some scuttle, Countyline tiller is not a KK tiller.... S/N numbers or not....

Must be you guys on that side of the country are buy'n KK tillers up so fast, they don't make it this far west:laughing:

My second choice is the tarter, just it lacks the long, never die career as the KK has.

/ KK brand suppliers drying up??? #4  
Around here KK brand items are tough to even give away. They earned a really bad rep around here. I am sure that has something to do with it.

Chris

/ KK brand suppliers drying up??? #5  
FWIW, the 5' tillers at the TSC in Danville VA are Tarters ...

Nick

/ KK brand suppliers drying up???
Around here, seems there is no favorite brand of tiller. You rarely see a KK though.

Get to look'n at tillers hang'n off the back of tractors around here, its a big mix of brands. Howard, landpride, celli, maletti, ford, woods, northwest, JD just to name a few, A Hinze 57 blend.... most of which report yea, its a good tiller. Does me fine.

I spose' I should look at tarter a little harder, they do have a bolt-on torque tube, thats a plus.

/ KK brand suppliers drying up??? #7  
I can't see how one would be horribly worse than another since they are all basically the same thing give or take a few options.

/ KK brand suppliers drying up??? #9  
TSC around here had KK tillers for awhile even after swithing to the private label CL brand they created. But now all the tillers are CL with a Tarter serial number tag at the TSC stores in my area. They come crated in metal angle iron or tubing and every one I've seen is crushed and mangled into the tiller for some reason. The tillers are finished poorly (worse than KK if you can believe that) and so I shopped around for someone selling KK. Rural King stores sell a lot of KK and I almost bought from there, until I found a small dealer closer to me. I ordered a tiller from him to support smaller, local business. I think any brand will do fine, but I wonder if the CL tillers made by Tarter are the same quality that the dealers are selling, or if they are a cheaper line for the CL label. I used to buy from TSC, but i don't trust their line of implements any more.

/ KK brand suppliers drying up??? #10  
Tater and KK are competitors. Tarter just got into the implement business a few years ago, after being Tarter Gate for many years. And they jumped into it HEAVY, buiding huge manufacturing facitilies producing big volume right away. You can see most of their stuff is copied off the long time makers, so it's difficult to differentiate brands unless you look at tags.