KK Finish Mower Brought Back To Life

/ KK Finish Mower Brought Back To Life #1  

WRX

Tractor
Cub Cadet 8354SS
I have an old King Kutter 72" finish mower that came with my property. It didn't look like it had been used for years. I've been mowing with a 5' brush hog but wanted to try the finish mower. I scraped off some of the rust, and ordered two knobs to secure the belt cover. One was gone and the other cracked. All the pulleys needed attention, and the old belt was stuck to several of them. I freed up the belt, and adjusted the tension. Two of the three grease fittings were missing from the spindles. Many of the wheel spacers were missing. Old twine was wrapped around two of the three blades. The blade edges are a little rough but I'll tackle that later if I can get this thing back in service. The PTO shaft was rusted together and wouldn't budge no matter how much Kroil or heat and hammer I applied, so I bought a new one tonight at TS. I got it hooked up to my old Cub Cadet tractor ( yellow and white Kioti DK35 ), flipped the PTO switch, and the mower roared to life. It is a rear discharge model and it does a really nice cut, even with the old rough blades. The cut is far superior to what I was getting from the brush hog. I'm actually looking forward to mowing now. I might even put some fresh paint on it.
IMG_20210418_105104_01.jpg
PXL_20210418_152521303.jpg

/ KK Finish Mower Brought Back To Life #2  
Congrats. Good work. Doesn’t seem like it took too much pain to get it back in operation.

Beside the better cut, you now have a extra foot of coverage each pass!

MoKelly