knee pads - we all need them -

/ knee pads - we all need them - #12  
Same issue here - never found a pair that stays put. I've liked the thought of sewing them into the pants knee but never went after it. Any knee pads end up sliding until the straps are right behind your knee where they irritate the crap out of your tendons back there. I use some foam pads or other padding most of the time.

/ knee pads - we all need them - #13  
I use the cheap foam ones with one strap stays on fine. Also I have a pair of leather ones that are wonderful. But usually i use a piece of cardboard or foam pad where I'm working. If I'm doing floor in a house I wear pads. Though I can go without.

/ knee pads - we all need them - #14  
I like knee pads.

However, the straps raise blisters behind my knees all the time whether I run the straps straight or crossed diagonally.

Anyone found a way to prevent the blisters behind the knee?

I’m thinking pants with sewn in pads are the only solution.

/ knee pads - we all need them - #15  
I like knee pads.
However, the straps raise blisters behind my knees all the time whether I run the straps straight or crossed diagonally.
Anyone found a way to prevent the blisters behind the knee?
I’m thinking pants with sewn in pads are the only solution.
I will never, ever, use those strap on knee pads again. The ones inside your pants knee pockets are always there and never slide out of position. Nothing to forget.

/ knee pads - we all need them - #16  
I have two foam pads, 18" x 12" maybe. I grab one when I need to save my knees.

/ knee pads - we all need them - #17  
I have scraps of foam insulation (I call it Dow board) stashed around the complex. A piece about 8" X 16-20" works great. 3/4" to 2" thick.
One drawback is outside in the wind, they blow away if you get off...

/ knee pads - we all need them - #18  
If you like shorts and you have someone who can sew, I had a roofer once who had his wife take his jeans with holes in the knees, cut the back half of the leg and then fold up the lower portion of his pants as stay in place knee pads on his now short pants.

/ knee pads - we all need them - #19  
i gave up on knee pads years ago. hated them. i use 24" x 24" x 1" foam pads. did it for years trimming out houses. way more comfortable.

/ knee pads - we all need them - #20  
like fidowanttobe, and grsthegreat, I use these foam squares almost everywhere ... esp when working on the vehicles, in my garage, chicken coop etc.

1651899977074.png

Knee pads are not as easy for me.

I wear shorts ALMOST EVERY DAY of the Year - even with 2-3 feet of snow on the ground.