Knotwyrk Farm

/ Knotwyrk Farm #1  

DocHeb

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40D Supersteer
After six months of permit nightmares, we're now the proud owners of a hole in the ground and basement walls that were poured 2/11. I've heard of concrete pumpers, but this is the first time I've been near one in action. It pumped the concrete as fast as the cement trucks could deliver it.

Attachments

• 35-108885-P2110002a.JPG
    35-108885-P2110002a.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 112
   / Knotwyrk Farm
The site allows a walkout, so the downhill wall will be framed with 2x6s

Attachments

• 35-108886-P2110007a.JPG
    35-108886-P2110007a.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 96
   / Knotwyrk Farm #3  
Doc,

I can't envision yet the final architecture. Is it a ranch? How many square feet?

Very, very nice lot!

Buck

/ Knotwyrk Farm #4  
Looks good DH, I hope to take a similar picture next week /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Knotwyrk Farm
It will be a 2200 sq ft ranch, 5/12 pitch hip roofs, and a walkout basement. Pretty simple architecture. I don't have an exterior elevation drawing in a scannable size to attach. After reading the posts on this board for 9 months, I also asked the architect to give me 9 foot garage doors so I won't need a foldable ROPS.

/ Knotwyrk Farm #6  
Sounds like my dream home. That roof, I think, will make all the difference.

Buck

/ Knotwyrk Farm #7  
DocHeb

Gosh I'm glad you got that picture. They pumped my cement too, but I never got the chance to see it.

SHF

/ Knotwyrk Farm
What was really cool was how the boom was controlled. The guy standing on the dirtpile in the background has a radio controlled remote slung around his neck with a joystick on it and all the controls to run the boom and pump. He stands somewhere he can see everything and runs the entire truck from there.

Attachments

• 35-108950-P2110010b.JPG
    35-108950-P2110010b.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 102
   / Knotwyrk Farm #9  
DocHeb,

I remember the day they pumped our foundation. It was a great day because after all the planning and waiting it was finally started. Those are amazing machines. Did the foundation crew hold on to the rubber tube at the bottom and ride from form to form? My wife thought that looked like fun until I told her I would see if the operator would let her try it on level ground./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The exciting part of our pour was when one of the concrete trucks snapped a rear axle trying to back up the hill. Like most concrete trucks he had two rear drive axles but could not make it up on the one that was left. This left a real void in the pour schedule and everyone was worried. You cannot let to much time pass between trucks or you create a weak section in the wall.

Glad to see you are up and building. Hope you will give us regular progress reports.

MarkV

/ Knotwyrk Farm #10  
Yes those pumps are a great thing indeed. They are used extensively over here in commercial construction.

They add about $30/m3 to the cost of the concrete but you save in labour in getting the stuff in using barrows or something.

They use a BIG !! version in high rise buildings and just keep on adding more and more outlets until the concrete gets pumped all the way to the top.

Boy there must be some pressure in that sucker at the base of the tube !!

Cheers