Kohler 7000 series kt735 ACR

/ Kohler 7000 series kt735 ACR #1  

vern748

Tractor
YM2000, YM155D, Branson2505
Hi All,

My kt735 appears to have "lost" its compression release. It will spin up fine on the first attempt to start. If it does not start on this first attempt, its a pain to get it going. For some reason, it becomes difficult to turn the crank. The battery is fresh. If I attempt to jump from the starter or from a different battery, the same thing, no crank. If I spin the crank by hand, just a bit, sometimes i'm lucky and it will crank over. After resetting the valves to perfect, I have come to the conclusion my ACR is faulty. I am told there is an access port to view the cam. If your lucky you can sometimes get the spring to reattach to the ACR weights on the camshaft. Does anyone know where this access port is? Have you done this before ?

Cheers
Vern

/ Kohler 7000 series kt735 ACR #2  
Hi All,

My kt735 appears to have "lost" its compression release. It will spin up fine on the first attempt to start. If it does not start on this first attempt, its a pain to get it going. For some reason, it becomes difficult to turn the crank. The battery is fresh. If I attempt to jump from the starter or from a different battery, the same thing, no crank. If I spin the crank by hand, just a bit, sometimes i'm lucky and it will crank over. After resetting the valves to perfect, I have come to the conclusion my ACR is faulty. I am told there is an access port to view the cam. If your lucky you can sometimes get the spring to reattach to the ACR weights on the camshaft. Does anyone know where this access port is? Have you done this before ?

Cheers
Vern
You should be able to remove the valve cover and rotate the crank and watch for the decompressor to slightly open the valve in between the normal opening and closing to verify if its working.

/ Kohler 7000 series kt735 ACR #3  
Does anyone know how to find out if the model of a 7000 series has ACR? I have a Kt725-3078 and I have looked on numerous websites to find out if the camshaft for this, part 32 010 07-S, has ACR. The parts picture for this part # does now show it has ACR but at the bottom of the image it says the pic is illustrative only and may not be a true picture of the specific part. I've left some message at some local Cub Cadet dealers to see if they can tell me but so far they haven't called back.

/ Kohler 7000 series kt735 ACR #4  
There were cases with that engine and camshaft were the original camshaft didn't have ACR, but the replacement does.

The pictures I am seeing of the camshaft don't show ACR.

/ Kohler 7000 series kt735 ACR #5  
No ACR. If they don't crank over well, your most likely dealing with a tired starter. Many get replaced. They have been updated several times. Suggest an OEM if you replace. Of course, you should verify your battery condition by having it load tested and that things are happy under your valve cover and your valve lash is good . (.004 - 006 @TDC)