Komatsu PC50 MR Question

/ Komatsu PC50 MR Question #1  

rstone

Tractor
Mahindra 3616
I am a newbie to the mini excavator. The PC 50 that I bought seems to be weak in the cab rotation when the bucket is extended and has maybe clamped onto some loose brush.
I am not sure how strong it should be when at this point. if i pull the bucket closer to the cab and still have the loose brush clamped, it moves better. Should this be happening or is something wrong?

/ Komatsu PC50 MR Question #2  
Sounds normal to me. Thats a lot of leverage with the boom extended and thus takes a lot more force to push things. Swing motors are not supposed to be strong enough to push a whole lot. Is it weak or does not not want to work at all?

/ Komatsu PC50 MR Question
When it is retracted, it will move good. It also moves ok when extended when not loaded . When loaded it doesn’t want to move Or moves slow

/ Komatsu PC50 MR Question #4  
2x on the thats normal. Gtbensely summed it up. I own two larger machines and run em almost everyday. Too much swing torque would bend the boom/stick so they (swing motors) are sized correctly as to not damge itself. Dont try to knock stuff down swinging. If it cannot move sideways, do not swing faster to ram it.

Thanks Guys for the info. That helps to understand the why behind everything

One other question. If the turning is weak, can the motors be rebuilt?

/ Komatsu PC50 MR Question #7  
Yes, you should be able to have the swing motor rebuilt if thats the issue. It may have a seal that is leaking internally and lowering pressures.

Is it hindering use normally or just when you try and swing with the boom extended and a pile of brush in tow or knocking a pile over? My CX36b can drag a tree top around extended with not a lot of issue. But if it gets stuck in other brush it does not want to move it.

/ Komatsu PC50 MR Question #8  
Another test you could try for your swing power , put the machine on a decent incline and with a full bucket see how well it swings it uphill. See if there's a point in the arm extension that it can't move it. Will it rotate it uphill at full arm extension ? Also do you hear the swing motor relief valve opening when the swing motor runs out of power?

/ Komatsu PC50 MR Question #9  
One other question. If the turning is weak, can the motors be rebuilt?
Not sure if your referring to your track drive motors or your swing motor? Either can be rebuilt.

Sorry for the delayed response but thanks for the input.