Kosovo Plows

/ Kosovo Plows #1  

Doc_Bob

Elite Member
Tractor
2003 NH TN70A
What follows are a series of photos of some 2 bottom plows I found in a little place just south of Pristina in Kosovo. Sorry the photos are a little funky, but I had about 5 minutes.
So, plow experts, what do you think?
Are the CAT 1 plows? I did the best I could to get an accurate measurement.
The make is IMT, I see almost all the Orange tractors around here are IMT. I know nothing more. The plows look pretty solid to me.
Bob

DSC01964.JPG

DSC01965.JPG

DSC01966.JPG

DSC01967.JPG

DSC01968.JPG

DSC01969.JPG

DSC01971.JPG

/ Kosovo Plows #2  
Doc Bob,

Those must be really cheap plows , becuase shipping charges are going to be just a little bit steep , to get those shipped back home isn't it ????

What takes you to Kosovo ?

/ Kosovo Plows #3  
deerhunterf350 said:
Doc Bob,

What takes you to Kosovo ?

After reading my post I may as well be the first with the smart @$s response.

An Airplane !!!!

Are you on Business or Pleasure traveling to Kosovo ?

Dan

/ Kosovo Plows #4  
IMT is a Serbian company building MF licensed tractors. So probably the ploughs as well.

/ Kosovo Plows #5  
The cat 1 pins are about 7/8 of an inch where the cat 2 are about 1 1/8 inch. So from what you are showing on your pics and the tape they are cat 1.

/ Kosovo Plows #6  
Those look like sturdy ploughs.

Maybe a tad over sized for carry on though!:D :D

/ Kosovo Plows #7  
Looks like they're built like that ol' proverbial brick outhouse! (er something to that effect) As was mentioned, IMT builds tractors under license from Massey Ferguson, but those don't look like any Massey plows I've ever seen. They're a little tight with the clearance through the throat. They'd probably tend to plug in heavy sod or corn stalks, but those suckers sure ought not to ever bend or break. Stout doesn't do 'em justice. They may be built for use in rocky ground.

/ Kosovo Plows
Farmwithjunk said:
Looks like they're built like that ol' proverbial brick outhouse! (er something to that effect) As was mentioned, IMT builds tractors under license from Massey Ferguson, but those don't look like any Massey plows I've ever seen. They're a little tight with the clearance through the throat. They'd probably tend to plug in heavy sod or corn stalks, but those suckers sure ought not to ever bend or break. Stout doesn't do 'em justice. They may be built for use in rocky ground.

Price is arounf 600 USD, shipping back to Wisconsin $$$???? I will ask. I see these plows everywhere in Kosovo. Along with the IMT tractors, which I have not yet been able to photograph.
Bob

/ Kosovo Plows
deerhunterf350 said:
Are you on Business or Pleasure traveling to Kosovo ?

Dan

US Army, KFOR 8 (Kosovo Force 8). We are making sure the locals don't kill each other in a bloody civil war, US has been here 8+ years at Camp Bondsteel.
Bob

/ Kosovo Plows #10  
They're still killing each other? I thought tha was settled? Guess our news media just got tired of it...

As heavy as that plow is, you can probably get something here and not have to pay shipping costs. Good luck, though!