KTAC insurance question?

/ KTAC insurance question? #1  

mike paulson

Bronze Member
Does anyone know about KTAC insurance. I always thought you could insure any Kubota based on book value. They tell me that KTAC is only available if I purchased the tractor within the last 30 days from a Kubota dealer. Has something changed because I'm pretty sure I had a quote only a couple years ago and that wasn't an issue. The machine is a b2620?

/ KTAC insurance question? #2  
That used to not be the case but maybe they changed. Look at Sentry insurance. They are the ones John Deere uses. I insure my tractors through them. It’s good insurance and is cheaper than Kubota by about half. I have my new Kubota insured with them.

/ KTAC insurance question? #3  
I got travelers and have no complaints but haven’t tried to make a claim either. KTAC isn’t nearly as good or affordable as it used to be IMHO.

/ KTAC insurance question? #4  
Mine is insured with Farm Bureau. As the name implies they insure a large percentage of farm equipment in this area as well as quite a bit of construction equipment.

/ KTAC insurance question? #5  
Wonder when it changed. They renewed mine once paid off. It sure saved more than I paid for it.

/ KTAC insurance question? #6  
That used to not be the case but maybe they changed. Look at Sentry insurance. They are the ones John Deere uses. I insure my tractors through them. It’s good insurance and is cheaper than Kubota by about half. I have my new Kubota insured with them.

I believe Kubota requires either KTAC or proof of machine coverage if you are financing a machine through their corporate office. I am not sure if this has changed. I use KTAC. I bought a new X1100C for cash a few years ago and was able to purchase KTAC. I have kept it for the past 3 years.

I looked at Sentry and I dont see them covering operator error damage.

With KTAC if I bend my FEL up because I am trying to bust up stumps I am covered.

Sentry may cost 1/2 as much, but it doesnt cover the most common reasons for insurance claims on tractors (unless I am missing something). I also dont see a full replacement (non-depreciated) option with Sentry, but KTAC has this.

If you have a sample policy you can share to add more clarification please do so.

/ KTAC insurance question? #7  
I went with USAA which is underwritten by Travelers. I'm able to cover two tractors, an excavator and my commercial zero turn mower for less then the price of KTAC on one tractor. I believe KTAC is setting pricing to discourage insuring those who don't have a Kubota loan on a piece of equipment. Just my observation, no direct information on this.

HP

/ KTAC insurance question? #8  
When I bought the BX1870 back in 11/2016, I purchased KTAC through dealer, and they sent me yearly bill. On the 2380 I just bought, KTAC puts the premium right into the loan if you finance. It's a $50 fee for the insurance policy, and it is for length of loan and replacement cost of whatever tractor/implement you purchased. So after 5 years, I guess I'll get the bill in mail for insurance...

/ KTAC insurance question? #9  
After 5 years or the Kubota loan is up KTAC changes a fair bit.

During the loan they replace the machine with a new one same model & accessories if it's totaled. After the initial loan it switches to a fixed value policy.

/ KTAC insurance question? #10  
This changed a few years ago...if it's over ~30 days old, you're SOL. The price I was given for KTAC a few months ago, was sky high. I have a stand alone policy with State Farm now.