Kubot M5660suhd, Kioti NX5510 cab NH Workmaster 55 cab

/ Kubot M5660suhd, Kioti NX5510 cab NH Workmaster 55 cab #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Ok so i find myself Tractor Shopping again....Little background, since 2017 i have owned 2 NH Workmaster tractors, 2017 WM 50 and 2017 WM60, first one 9 trips to shop in 3 months, dealer traded me out to the 60, ran it 6 months and then back to shop for same problems as first Hydraulics, Sold recently.

So now i'm in the market and i have tried and tested every brand within 2 hours of me Bota,NH, Kioti, LS, RK,Case ih, Deere.....
T
he Kubota M5660suhd, NH WM 55 Cab, and KIOTI NX5510 cab have made my short list and kinda in that order. the payments are 50 bucks different on any of the three with the KIOTI coming in the lowest and New Holland the Highest.

Now my concerns NH is Heavy built machine, Built in Different Country as my old Workmasters but it's the same country and Plant as the T4.75 and i have heard, and read horror stories about them, But it is hands down the most heavy duty built of the new tractors from what i can see. But It is a New Holland again....

Kubota, Good build quality of course, no cab but I have never owned one before anyway, Lighter than the NH but heavier than the Kioti, and the Tier 4 canister may cost 3-1500 bucks in 5 years?

Kioti NX5510, liked it, No Hydraulic Shuttle bummer, and seems really Light for a 55 hp tractor.

Give me some feedback....... and No i am not automatically buying the NH....and Deere is just too darn expensive to get out of the E series or i might look at them to. And Mahindra i have been advised to avoid by two local dealers and a third that just dropped them.....

/ Kubot M5660suhd, Kioti NX5510 cab NH Workmaster 55 cab #2  
Kubota, Good build quality of course, no cab but I have never owned one before anyway, Lighter than the NH but heavier than the Kioti, and the Tier 4 canister may cost 3-1500 bucks in 5 years?.

How many engine hours per year do you operate your primary tractor?

/ Kubot M5660suhd, Kioti NX5510 cab NH Workmaster 55 cab
300-400 getting to be more every year as farm grows

/ Kubot M5660suhd, Kioti NX5510 cab NH Workmaster 55 cab #4  
Any worries about DPF are silly. No one should use emmissions as a buying factor. We sell every variation of emmissions and none are any better or more trouble free than any other. 90% of the issues with this stuff are operator induced.

The estimates of DPF life we read here are 3,000 to 5,000 engine hours.

It seems the greatest aid to longevity is operating the tractor so DPF regenerations occur on schedule.

Relatively warm weather increases DPF life. Someone accumulating most engine hours plowing snow or blowing snow will likely need a DPF long before I do operating in consistently warm Florida.

Dealers consistently say operator error is the major problem with Tier IV soot elimination technology.
Some do not read operating instructions. Some cannot comprehend the printed word. Some ignore operating instructions.

You will likely get eight to ten years out of DPF purchased on a new tractor. Over eight to ten years TIRES will be a greater expense.

300-400 getting to be more every year as farm grows

If you are fifty years old or older, I think I would get a cab tractor. You are going to develop senior pollen/mold/dust allergies before age 65, whether you have had allergies before or not.

Last edited:
The estimates of DPF life we read here are 3,000 to 5,000 engine hours.

It seems the greatest aid to longevity is operating the tractor so DPF regenerations occur on schedule.

Relatively warm weather increases DPF life. Someone accumulating most engine hours plowing snow or blowing snow will likely need a DPF before I do in warm Florida.

Dealers consistently say operator error is the major problem with Tier IV soot elimination technology.
Some do not read operating instructions. Some cannot comprehend the printed word.
Some ignore operating instructions.

You will likely get eight to ten years out of DPF purchased on a new tractor. Tires over eight to ten years will be a greater expense.

That's good info Thank's, I was just going by what the Kubota Dealer was telling me, So now i need to decide, A; was the Bota dealer just telling me this to cover his bases and possibly the Worst case scenario in 5 years. Or B; Just trying to sell me something i didn't need and doing the same to other customers, so that when the time comes and they charge you $1500 they can say, You were warned when you bought the machine remember we told you so.

Just another tid bit of information. I had the Kioti dealer tell me the tier 4 canister could be easily eliminated by removing the "element" and therefore would never trigger a regen because there was nothing for the sensor to sense it was full....I have my doubts about that as well, and bet that would not help warranty issues. But then again that's just what 1 dealer told me....and he is a reputable dealer in my area. Large Volume direct Kubota competitor around here.

Another story to take away from this shopping experience i had a kubota dealer tell me the type of tires he had on his m5660 he was pricing me were $800 more expensive then what regularly came on them. and he could take them off and put the factory tires back on if i so desired and that would make the tractor less expensive and in line with other dealers. So when i asked him what his tires were he told me. and i explained to him that those were the same tires that were on the other 5 Kubota tractors i was pricing at 5 other dealerships. He didn't like that.

Had another tractor dealer refuse to sell me a tractor because i had a lower price on the same tractor from different dealer. And when i asked if he would match it he told me to just go buy it at other dealership and walked off.

Had two large tractor dealers discourage mahindra for too many service issues, and a third tell me he dropped the line due to same service issues.

Went to John Deere Lot in my area and Nobody would come out to talk to me.

I have tried my best to Give every tractor in my area a fair try this time before buying but this is worse than buying used/new cars. and thats why i have started so many posts lately and just trying to soak up real info on tractors.

/ Kubot M5660suhd, Kioti NX5510 cab NH Workmaster 55 cab #7  
That's good info Thank's, I was just going by what the Kubota Dealer was telling me, So now i need to decide, A; was the Bota dealer just telling me this to cover his bases and possibly the Worst case scenario in 5 years. Or B; Just trying to sell me something i didn't need and doing the same to other customers, so that when the time comes and they charge you $1500 they can say, You were warned when you bought the machine remember we told you so.

Dealers service many tractors that have had multiple owners. Some owners take care of their equipment. Others brutalize their equipment. Employee operated equipment tends to be brutalized. How many employees are sufficiently trained to know what to do when one of the two DPF lights come on? ( Which may involve just keeping the revs elevated for sixteen minutes.)

I think above tends to tilt dealer experience toward the negative.

You will likely get eight to ten years out of DPF purchased on a new tractor.

Were you to buy a used M5660 you might need to replace DPF earlier than I forecast.

Last edited:
I would throw these in the mix for consideration.

Massey Ferguson | 17M Series Compact Tractor

I Would like to Look at Massey Ferguson Like the 2607 Actually But Driving 2 hours one way to nearest reliable dealer kinda hampers that, There is another dealer closer but it's an ATV shop and hasn't been around very long, i feel that there is a big difference in an ATV mechanic and a Tractor Mechanic thats the same problem i have with the RK tractors so far, 2 hours away and no confidence in dealer network.

/ Kubot M5660suhd, Kioti NX5510 cab NH Workmaster 55 cab #10  

By the time DPF needs attention I would recommend having it disabled. I did this with my 2014 diesel truck as I was getting a few problems with the DPF/Def.

Kubota tractors – deactivation of EGR and DPF already possible / Chiptuning AGROTRONIC

I'm really surprised that the all 3 tractors are fairly close in price. I've heard recent stories of new Kioti tractors being $10-$20K cheaper than a new Kubota.