Kubota 10 percent surcharge?

/ Kubota 10 percent surcharge? #1  

Milo

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 3520, Ferris Z2100, Kawasaki Mule Pro MX, Honda Pioneer 520
I recall reading a while back that Kubota initiated a 10% surcharge to cover the (hopefully temporary) jump in supply prices. Is this still in effect? And if so is it reflected in the prices on Kubota's build website? TIA

/ Kubota 10 percent surcharge? #2  
Yes. I watch the Kubota Canada web site and prices are way up compared to last year. Some have went up 3 to 4 thousand, but this would also be due to fluctuations in the Canadian Dollar.

And my salesman mentioned the other day that Kubota snow blowers have just gone up 25%.

/ Kubota 10 percent surcharge? #3  
In as much as everything else is going up (inflating), would be ludricrious to think that Kubota would not increase their prices as well. The materials costs are going way up, consequently, the retail price increases as well.

/ Kubota 10 percent surcharge? #4  
It is strange, some things have really gone up, other things not at all. I just bought a couple loads of gravel, same price as in 2018 from same guy delivering it. Anything made out of steel is way up. But I bought some conveyor belt material and it's about the same as I paid 5 years ago. Some of it is just lack of availability so retailer can charge whatever they want, like new cars. But my local sawmill sells wood for the same price they always have, he gets all his trees locally so I guess there's no shortage of trees, or else he's giving me the same price because I've been buying there for years. I've stopped trying to predict what something will cost.