Kubota 3 point hitch won't drop down

/ Kubota 3 point hitch won't drop down #1  

kadaj

Tractor
Kubota
Hey guys

I have a kubota tractor that has a three point hitch that will not drop down and its currently hanging mid air. I've tried dropping it down using the hydraulic lever but it wont budge and i think its kinda stuck atm (with a slasher affixed to it). If anyone has any ideas on which place to repair please shed some light.
IMG_0228.JPG
cheers

/ Kubota 3 point hitch won't drop down #2  
There is usually a drop speed control know located under the seat. If this is closed all the way, the implement will not drop.

Check and make sure that is opened up a little. The more you open it, the faster it will drop. It is designed to adjust the speed of drop depending on how heavy the implement is. IE: if you have a 1000lb bushhog back there, and adjust it to a reasonable drop, if you had something light like a potato plow or hitch, it would drop REALLY SLLLOOOOOWWWWW.

/ Kubota 3 point hitch won't drop down #3  
LD1 said what I had in mind. Let us know how it goes. And :welcome:

/ Kubota 3 point hitch won't drop down #4  
I actually had that happen once , I had worked all day with the loader on an extremely steep hill, it was seat belt on just to stay in the seat, and apparently I tucked my feet in towards the seat all day in an effort to hang on.. Anyway when I finished for the day it was dark, I parked the tractor and the 3pt would not go down. It took a minute for me to realize that I had rolled the valve closed with my feet accidentally. Unless there is something broken inside the 3pt case, (highly unlikely) just rotate the drop rate valve counterclockwise a bit and watch that cutter fall to the ground.

James K0UA

/ Kubota 3 point hitch won't drop down #5  
Hey guys

I have a kubota tractor that has a three point hitch that will not drop down and its currently hanging mid air. I've tried dropping it down using the hydraulic lever but it wont budge and i think its kinda stuck atm (with a slasher affixed to it). If anyone has any ideas on which place to repair please shed some light.
View attachment 290916
cheers

Welcome to TBN ! :tractor:
Hope you found solution from others advise. Just wondering what model tractor is it ?

Boone

/ Kubota 3 point hitch won't drop down
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll check it next week when i go to my acerage. Is there a pic of roughly what the drop speed control looks like just so i could get an idea of what and where to look for? Sorry im very new to tractors so I dont know what i'm looking for.

Thanks

/ Kubota 3 point hitch won't drop down #7  
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll check it next week when i go to my acerage. Is there a pic of roughly what the drop speed control looks like just so i could get an idea of what and where to look for? Sorry im very new to tractors so I dont know what i'm looking for.

Thanks

Its a round knob approximately 1 foot below the seat usually in the middle. So it would be just above foot level between your feet. It will usually have a turtel and rabbit symbol on it, meaning slow and fast drop rates. If you turn it to far towards the turtle, it blocks all flow of fluid out of the 3pt cylinder (it is internal to the tractor) so if the fluid cannot escape the cylinder then the 3pt cannot go down.

James K0UA

hello

I cant remember exactly the model number but its a kubota tractor w/ 13.5, 4wd, manual

ah alright i c

So is this drop speed control pretty uniform across all types of tractors regardless of brand?

was just browsing this forum and found this pic 144016d1256993191-3-point-hitch-not-lowering-seat.jpg

Could it be something like this?

/ Kubota 3 point hitch won't drop down #10  
ah alright i c

So is this drop speed control pretty uniform across all types of tractors regardless of brand?

was just browsing this forum and found this pic View attachment 291088

Could it be something like this?

Yes the little black one next to the floorboards. Notice how on that New Holland, it is recessed somewhat to prevent your foot from accidentally operating it.