Kubota 4672 backhoe - will it fit a Mahindra 2615 ???

/ Kubota 4672 backhoe - will it fit a Mahindra 2615 ??? #1  

solagratiaMontana

Tractor
Mahindra 2615
Hi folks,
I have an older Mahindra 2615 and I know a fellow that has a Kubota 4672 backhoe for a reasonable price. I've asked the Mahindra and Kubota dealers and neither seems to be able to look up as to whether the backhoe would work on my Mahindra 2615. I figured I would ask here to see if anyone has ever had any luck cross-referencing what tractors the 4672 backhoe will fit?
I sincerely appreciate anyone's help with this.
Thanks for your time,
Karl

Attachments

• IMG_9371.jpg
    IMG_9371.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.05.14 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.05.14 PM.jpeg
    242 KB · Views: 29
   / Kubota 4672 backhoe - will it fit a Mahindra 2615 ??? #2  
Hi folks,
I have an older Mahindra 2615 and I know a fellow that has a Kubota 4672 backhoe for a reasonable price. I've asked the Mahindra and Kubota dealers and neither seems to be able to look up as to whether the backhoe would work on my Mahindra 2615. I figured I would ask here to see if anyone has ever had any luck cross-referencing what tractors the 4672 backhoe will fit?
Thanks for your time,
Karl

First off I would look at flow rates for the hydraulics and see if they are a decent match. But when it comes to mounting you will likely encounter having to fabricate and/or modify the sub-frame in order to match the two together. This may wind up costing more than it's worth. You would need precise measurements of where the attachment points are for both machines and that is where it might become complicated. Dealers won't be much help since they don't compare these specs. A fabricator will have a better idea, especially if they have done it before. Not saying it can't be done, just that it may become more hassle than it's worth.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck!!

/ Kubota 4672 backhoe - will it fit a Mahindra 2615 ??? #3  
Hi folks,
Thanks for your time,
Karl
I had a 4672 on a Kubota B1700. It is a 3 Pt set up but the tractor had a sub frame added to beef up the frame. 3 pt backhoes can be rough on a machine. My 4672 had a PTO driven hydraulic pump and its own hydraulic tank. I really liked this setup because one time away from home I tore a hose on the hoe and lost a lot of fluid. Because it was a separate tank, I could still drive the tractor home.

If I were you, I would try to run steel plate down the sides of your tractor frame to beef up your machine to prevent the thing from cracking transs cases etc. There are horror stories about 3 pt backhoes but as long as you are reasonable with your use you should be good. I did a many hours of work with mine with no issues but always remembered it was a small machine. It was a good backhoe.

Good luck with your decision