Kubota 6x6 RTV?

/ Kubota 6x6 RTV? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Anyone wish they made one?
Im a big fan of the Gator 6x4 and the Kubota RTV. Would like to kind of melt them together into a 6x6.
Thought a RTV 1100 with 2 rear axles would make an amazing piece.
Even if one of the rear axles didnt drive, just for the flotation and extra load capacity…
Those 3 axles all locked together might be real tough to steer.

/ Kubota 6x6 RTV? #2  
It would be a workhorse for sure. I don't really have the need for one, as my 1100C does everything I need it to. But I'm sure many farm and utility users could make use of that. My wish list is to get it to do 30 MPH. Then it would be perfect.

/ Kubota 6x6 RTV? #3  
I'm really bummed out right now because I am going on a week long ATV ride and I have to ride one of my Polaris's because my RTV is too slow for my friends.
I just need new friends.

/ Kubota 6x6 RTV? #4  
Anyone wish they made one?
Im a big fan of the Gator 6x4 and the Kubota RTV. Would like to kind of melt them together into a 6x6.
Thought a RTV 1100 with 2 rear axles would make an amazing piece.
Even if one of the rear axles didnt drive, just for the flotation and extra load capacity…
Those 3 axles all locked together might be real tough to steer.
Dunno... I'm torn. Winter time I get the opportunity to run close/over loaded RTV's and Polaris 6X's on the regular for prescribed burns (think multiple people, gear, pump/hose/water tank) on narrow trails in the mountains. I like them both, but for different reasons. Comparatively the RTV's are dogs on steep inclines but have and okay turning radius whereas the Polaris 6x's have more oomphf going up and down while loaded, but have the turning radius of dead slugs.... Very subjective opinion, but a 6x6 or 6X4 RTV feels like it might have the pulling oomphf and turning radius of a dead slug. YMMV

/ Kubota 6x6 RTV?
Was thinking the front of the 2 rear axles could come unlocked on turns? Maybe that would help it turn tighter. Diffs could be locked in straighter line driving in low traction conditions.

/ Kubota 6x6 RTV? #6  
Dunno... I'm torn. Winter time I get the opportunity to run close/over loaded RTV's and Polaris 6X's on the regular for prescribed burns (think multiple people, gear, pump/hose/water tank) on narrow trails in the mountains. I like them both, but for different reasons. Comparatively the RTV's are dogs on steep inclines but have and okay turning radius whereas the Polaris 6x's have more oomphf going up and down while loaded, but have the turning radius of dead slugs.... Very subjective opinion, but a 6x6 or 6X4 RTV feels like it might have the pulling oomphf and turning radius of a dead slug. YMMV
Which Polaris are you operating? Our 800cc Boss has gobs of torque in the summer, but will pods on in the winter, could use more.

/ Kubota 6x6 RTV? #7  
Which Polaris are you operating? Our 800cc Boss has gobs of torque in the summer, but will pods on in the winter, could use more.

I really don't know other than they're Polaris 6 wheelers.... honestly it's whatever the DNR boys and girls throw at me. Point being that I might not be the most learned contributor here. I will say though that every Polaris has bogged less on inclines that RTV's. I'd really be curious to see if that comparison might change if someone were to install the aftermarket engine throttle control available for RTV's that separates engine speed from the "go" peddle/hydrostat transmission.

** Edit - the FEDS really don't like you playing with their toys so I can't comment about Razors in comparision.... but then they are mostly used for observation on USFS burns where I'm located.

/ Kubota 6x6 RTV? #8  
This is a what the Polaris Big boss looks like.
boss in snow023.jpg

/ Kubota 6x6 RTV? #9  
This is a what the Polaris Big boss looks like. View attachment 714195
Depending on roll over stability that looks like it could be pretty awesome on fires. A good number of the atv's DNR runs have a front mounted flame thrower w/fuel cell. The additional axle and bed potential could lend itself to a small water cell and electric sprayer for spot fires. Unfortunately, where I am roll overs in both UTV's and ATV's is pretty common due to terrain and camber.

/ Kubota 6x6 RTV? #10  
Depending on roll over stability that looks like it could be pretty awesome on fires. A good number of the atv's DNR runs have a front mounted flame thrower w/fuel cell. The additional axle and bed potential could lend itself to a small water cell and electric sprayer for spot fires. Unfortunately, where I am roll overs in both UTV's and ATV's is pretty common due to terrain and camber.
These are pretty much based on parts of atv's so they are the same width. I'm not a fan of hydrostatic drives in atv's or UTV's either.