Kubota 7030 su Electrical Problem

/ Kubota 7030 su Electrical Problem #1  

bsekf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7030, Long Landtrac 4700
I bought this used tractor and after using 10 gallons of fuel the battery is dead. The Owners Manual I have says nothing about the Alternator and little about the wiring. The only "Easy Checker" light that works is the Glo Plug light. I guess this should have alerted me to possible electrical problems. So I don't know if the alternator is working or if the battery is bad or if I have a short someplace and it drew the battery down. I have the charger on it and it was taking a charge. Will see if it starts in a few minutes.

Where should I start looking?

Bill

/ Kubota 7030 su Electrical Problem #2  
take battery to have it tested before you spend a lot of time fussing w/electrical

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Kubota 7030 su Electrical Problem #3  
Are you saying the tractor went dead while you were using it, or you parked it for the night and the next day it wouldn't start? If it failed while you were using it, that's not the battery. If the battery went dead overnight, that might be the battery. If you have a multimeter, next time you have it running check the voltage at the battery. If the alternator is producing any output you should see at least 13.5v, preferably up around 14v.

I don't know what an easy checker light is, but if you mean that's the only light on the dash board that's functional, I would try to do a little trouble shooting on that.

/ Kubota 7030 su Electrical Problem #4  
You really don't state the problem. If you want a place to start clean the battery terminals and the associated clamps. Reinstall and tighten the clamps. Follow the ground lead to the frame. Clean and tighten there as well. If you really want to go whole hog charge the battery and have it load tested. You've got a used tractor and have no real idea of how it was maintained.