Kubota 8560 - who owns one and has put some hours on it?

/ Kubota 8560 - who owns one and has put some hours on it? #1  

rvb

Tractor
MF 135, MF 383, JD 5085e, Gehl 4835 SXT
I am looking at buying one of these, but when comparing to the JD 5085e, I had some concerns with control arms being in front of the axle for the front wheels. And all that's there is some plate as skid plates. The John Deere has everything tucked up and out of the way. Even the tool box is up out of the way. The toolbox on the Kubota is hanging right down below where it can get ripped right off.

I am going to be using this to replace my loader tractor and my hay mowing/baling tractor. I would like to know if anyone who has operated this for awhile has had any glaring problems with the tractor: engine, particulate filter, electrics, frame, 3-point, anything. I have never owned Kubota and I am leaning heavily in that direction, but the John Deere dealership here is experienced and lives farming. The Kubota dealer is nice, very responsive, very eager for the business, but I wonder if they are as farm friendly/responsive/mechanically solid.

Thanks.

/ Kubota 8560 - who owns one and has put some hours on it? #2  
No 8560, but several of us have 95/8540s and I haven't seen any problems of note posted, can't help with DPF and such.

/ Kubota 8560 - who owns one and has put some hours on it? #4  
I had a 2009 Kubota M4070, I have a JD 5085e now. The Kubota was a great Tractor. I cant remember ever having any problems out of it. Now that bing said the 5085e is a lot more tractor. The JD plays with hay, you can talk on the phone and they wont know your in the tractor. Gear changes are smoother with more range. When you change implements the setup on the JD will save you time. If I sound like I am knocking the Kubota I'm not. I think it will last and do the job. My Kubota dealer told me the big mistake people make on Kubota's is not keeping the air filter changed. He said keep the air filter and oil changed and it will run.

/ Kubota 8560 - who owns one and has put some hours on it?
So, Ksluy, why did you go to the JD? Just the reasons you mentioned? I very much set on the JD, but I was very impressed with the kubota. I am curious as to what made you choose the JD.

I did look in the archives. Most threads devolved into off topic conversations. I'm not interested in making friends or catching up on nonsense. I am seriously torn between JD because of my history with them and Kubota because of the perceived quality and functionality and because the dealer really is going after my business. I like the Kubota, but I have no opportunity to put in significant seat time. That's what I'm hoping to get from talking with someone who has seat time and experience in Kubotas. I will check the archives again, though. Thanks.

/ Kubota 8560 - who owns one and has put some hours on it? #7  
I always have a grand kid with me. Now you can add the buddy seat two the JD 5085e and I like Green, always felt like a trader when I had Kubota's and New Holland's just sometimes went for the lower price.

/ Kubota 8560 - who owns one and has put some hours on it? #8  
Did you see the post 8560 wont start from today?

I did not. I will look.

ksluy, i can't find it. maybe i am search challenged.