Kubota and Woods hoe problem

/ Kubota and Woods hoe problem #1  

mwb

Platinum Member
Tractor
3940HST Montana
I was asked for advice on a problem with a small Kubota with a Woods backhoe. I have not seen the machine, only had the symptoms described. The symptoms don稚 make sense to me so I thought I would ask for input here.

Machine: small Kubota sounds like a B series with a Woods backhoe. Backhoe is run off of a rear remote and has good speed and lots of power.

The problem: With the backhoe hydraulics attached the loader arms will not lower unless the valve is put in float. Bucket curl and dump is normal. Once the hoe is disconnected (two lines) then the loader works perfect.

Apparently it used to work fine but now doesn稚 after a line was changed (implying one;)).

I suspect that there might be a problem with the regen (if this machine has it) but I am not sure what would be required to fix it. Even if the regen is the problem I am not sure why if would only act up when the hoe is connected. I also thought regen was normally used on the bucket anyway.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

/ Kubota and Woods hoe problem #2  
The "regen" is only active on the dump/curl circuit of the loader valve, the rear remote valve should not have it, and they often do not have float either. I suggest you witness the trouble first hand so we can get a better description of the problems.

/ Kubota and Woods hoe problem #3  
Is it possible that the PB and T lines got crossed?

/ Kubota and Woods hoe problem #4  
It would be easier if you knew the exact model of the tractor. My initial guess is that the position control got moved all the way to the up position, is out of adjustment and is against the relief, cutting off the flow to the loader. But, knowing the tractor model would narrow ths down.

Brian

/ Kubota and Woods hoe problem #5  
There is no logical reason for the FEL not to work with, or without the BH attached if there is a continuous flow of fluid. About the only reason that the FEL would not work is that some hyd lines are not connected correctly. The first valve in the pump circuit will have control of the fluid, and if a valve lever is activated, the fluid should go to the cyl and then back to tank.

Have someone recheck the hose hook up.

/ Kubota and Woods hoe problem #6  
It would be easier if you knew the exact model of the tractor. My initial guess is that the position control got moved all the way to the up position, is out of adjustment and is against the relief, cutting off the flow to the loader. But, knowing the tractor model would narrow ths down.

Brian

Had this exact problem years ago,

Cust brings in cyls for OVH....no problem with cyls

cust brings in control valve....no problem with valve

Cust needs service call 1 hr away....position control moved all the way to the up position......DONE!!!!!

Same symptoms, same problem!!!:) (position control in constant overload relief condition)

/ Kubota and Woods hoe problem
Thanks, I will pass that on. If / when this gets fixed I will report back.:thumbsup: