Kubota B2620 loader valve disassembly

/ Kubota B2620 loader valve disassembly #1  

ddoggerel

Tractor
Kubota B2620
I'm trying to disassemble the loader valve on my circa 2012 Kubota B2620 (see below for why). The attached picture shows my current state (I've also disconnected the top of the bucket control spool from the linkage). At this point, I don't know how to get the spool out. It's possible that the problem is that it's jammed (perhaps with the remains of the check valve), but it's also possible that there's something more that I need to do before I can draw it out. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I'm doing this because I lost curl/dump functionality (shortly after I had jiggled the control sideways to release some dirt from logs that I had loaded on front forks). I tracked the problem down to the loader valve, and found that the spool was jammed (I did succeed in moving it slightly, but it was mostly jammed). I opened up the port where the load check valve should be, and there was no sign of it (the check valve for the boom control was there). My assumption is that the check valve is broken, and is responsible for jamming the spool.

I've read several threads that relate to this problem,-thank you to everybody who contributed information and advice!

controlvalve.jpg

/ Kubota B2620 loader valve disassembly
Update:

I finally found the hex socket and removed the "detente bolt" and various fittings. At this point, I'm assuming that the spool should come out easily,- however, it's so jammed that I can't even remove it with pretty heavy hammer blows from the linkage end.

Does it sound reasonable at this point that I just need to replace the whole loader valve assembly?

Thanks.

/ Kubota B2620 loader valve disassembly #3  
Yup. Hammer sealed its fate.

/ Kubota B2620 loader valve disassembly

I really wanted at that point to get the spool out to confirm that the check valve is in there and has not somehow escaped into the hydraulic lines. Since I can't move the spool, I can't tell whether that's even possible.

/ Kubota B2620 loader valve disassembly #5  
You can cut it open now.

/ Kubota B2620 loader valve disassembly #6  
possibly look in the work ports. Small chance you might see some foreign object holding the spool in position.

/ Kubota B2620 loader valve disassembly #7  
Put in N and blow air into the work port and see if anything comes out.