Kubota B3350 with mid mount operaton

/ Kubota B3350 with mid mount operaton #1  

prs

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 650, Ventrac 4500Z AJ02248
I am considering this new model as my first Kubota. Kubota's description of the 72"mower, well, even the 60" center mount raises a question. The online literature remarks that the height setting for their mowers is adjusted by setting the height of the mower's wheels. On other center mount mowers, I set the mower's wheels to ride about 1/2" above a smooth hard floor when the mower is supported by the rocker arm hydraulics (3 point hitch level). If the mower wheels support the mower, it seems like they would constantly be wearing out. Heck, I've replaced mine three times since 1982 even with the little wear they get riding with little to no weight on them, just turning mostly by contact with the grass and bumps and such. Have I been wrong all these years, or is the information a little misleading?

prs

/ Kubota B3350 with mid mount operaton #2  
The mmm deck on the larger B's ore not suspended. They roll along on their wheels. On my mmm the front corner and middle wheels are rubber tires. The rear corner wheels are hard plastic.
You set the mowing height by adjusting the wheels/tires. 😎

/ Kubota B3350 with mid mount operaton
Oh my! That does not sound good. It never occurred to be that it would not lift and lower hydraulically.

prs

/ Kubota B3350 with mid mount operaton #4  
Both styles of decks, suspended and floating still lift and lower hydraulically, but there is not height stop on the floater except for the wheels on the deck. A suspended deck has adjustable stop to keep the deck off the wheels. The B2x20 series have a rotary dial for height adjustment.

/ Kubota B3350 with mid mount operaton #5  
I use my 72" mmm like a suspended deck because my yard is not very smooth. If I put it down on the wheels it feels like its going to vibrate the deck apart. I just set the stop on my hydraulic control so every time I lower the mower its in the same spot.

/ Kubota B3350 with mid mount operaton #6  
I didn't like the tracks that the center rear wheels left in the grass from the 60" deck under my B3030. I made brackets and hooks on the frame of the tractor and suspended the deck with short lengths of chain attached to the deck. I then removed the rear wheels. I don't think you will have any problems with the deck itself . They are very heavy and strong. Just keep the wheels greased and they should last a long time.

/ Kubota B3350 with mid mount operaton
I use my 72" mmm like a suspended deck because my yard is not very smooth. If I put it down on the wheels it feels like its going to vibrate the deck apart. I just set the stop on my hydraulic control so every time I lower the mower its in the same spot.

Oh?!?!?! What you do is what I do with present system. I use the Rocker hydraulic control to lift the mower to the height I want and then set the lock bolt below the control so it can go no lower. Then, if I come onto a rock or limb or old stump; I pull the Rocker adjuster back to raise the mower as I mow over it and then drop back down onto the stop. So, the larger Kubotas do that too? That could save my dealer a sale.

/ Kubota B3350 with mid mount operaton #8  
Yes that's exactly what I do, you explained it a lot better though!