Kubota B6000

/ Kubota B6000 #1  

Oldie68

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B6000 and a Ferguson TEA 20
Hi all I'm new here. Just acquired an older B6000 (73-77?) with a loader and backhoe. No Idea of hours as no meter on it. I just changed the oil ( was told it had been changed recently ut it was pretty black, but...)
I initially googled about this model and seemingly found that the B6000 wasn't purportedly made until 1998, but that search result may be inaccurate, as it seems there were some built between 1973-1977?
I'm making an inquiry here to see if anyone knows if its possible to either swap out or use in conjunction the OEM oil sender and or an actual pressure gauge at the location the OEM sender is located. In addition is this sender doubling as a temperature gauge and if not where can one be located sensor wise?
I acquired this machine with little history and want to try and get as much gentle use out of it.
I've downloaded a couple of online service and operator manuals but they seem to lack certain information.
Hope someone knows more here than I do.
Thanks.

Last edited:
   / Kubota B6000 #2  
Tractor Data is usually pretty accurate and they indicate your tractor was built in the range of 1973-1977. The tractor shown does not list a loader as an option and it appears really light to add a backhoe. That causes me to wonder if you have stated the correct model number or if Kubota used that model number more than once. Check out the picture and info on Tractor Dats: TractorData.com Kubota B6000 tractor information
It is unlikely the same sender would be used for temperature and pressure. The temperature gauge sending unit is usually located close to the thermostat where the coolant exits the top of the engine though some tractors place it differently. If your downloaded service manuals differ from your tractor it's possible you scored the wrong manuals.

/ Kubota B6000
My unit has B6000 right on the hood as appears to be original decals?
It also has a small backhoe on it as well, driven by the PTO, the loader appears to be drivien by an engine mounted pump, there is a hydraulic line from the engine mounted pump back to the hydraulic reservoir sitting behind/above the 3pt hitch arms.
I'll attach pics once I upload them from my phone

/ Kubota B6000
Here's a couple of pics
My unit has B6000 right on the hood as appears to be original decals?
It also has a small backhoe on it as well, driven by the PTO, the loader appears to be drivien by an engine mounted pump, there is a hydraulic line from the engine mounted pump back to the hydraulic reservoir sitting behind/above the 3pt hitch arms.
I'll attach pics once I upload them from my phone
The screenshot pic is from a strangely similar maqchine to the one I acquired, the other two pics are of the machine acquired.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 11-28-28 image jpg (JPEG Image, 783 × 587 pixels).png
    Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 11-28-28 image jpg (JPEG Image, 783 × 587 pixels).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 331
  • 20211126_092731.jpg
    20211126_092731.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 423
  • 20211126_092738.jpg
    20211126_092738.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 83
   / Kubota B6000 #5  
So wait, is there a hydraulic pump on the rear PTO shaft? If you say there is a line from the engine-mounted hydraulic pump back to that reservoir that would suggest the backhoe is sharing the stock hydraulic pump with the (unused) 3pt lift.

I would expect this type of attachment to have its own PTO-shaft-driven pump, but it's hard to tell from the pics if there is even room for one.

Very interesting little machine.