kubota b6200 2x4 wont recharge battery?

/ kubota b6200 2x4 wont recharge battery? #1  

cajun2320

Tractor
john deere 2320
kubota b6200 2x4 wont recharge battery? any ideas of what i should check?

/ kubota b6200 2x4 wont recharge battery? #2  
first thing I would check if you have a voltmeter if the output of your alternator. If that is bad you may need a new one, check the belt tension and make sure it is not slipping. if both are good ou may have a bad battery that is not accepting or holding charge.

/ kubota b6200 2x4 wont recharge battery?
for some reason some fool said that if i had it tested it would fry the alternader
:confused:

/ kubota b6200 2x4 wont recharge battery? #4  
Check the easy things first like connections to your alternator and battery. If you have to remove the cables to the battery and make sure they are clean and bright. Another first thing is check all the high amperage fuses. You may have a fusible link that is blown. I am not familiar with your machine. You won't damage anything if you are testing with a meter. You may have a dead battery cell that is pulling down the charging system. Has any wires fallen off the alternator or connectors pulled loose. Is the alternator belt tight?

/ kubota b6200 2x4 wont recharge battery? #5  
For my 7100, which has an AC Dynamo as does your tractor I believe. To check the "battery charging current" the service manual says to:

Start the tractor
Disconnect either positive or negative terminal from battery.
Connect an Amp meter between the disconnected terminal and the battery post
With engine RPM around 4250 and turning the lights on/off you are looking for 2.5 to 3.5 Amps... (with a fully charged battery so you might want to charge it with a charger before doing this test.)

If you are getting that then the charging system is OK and I would suspect the battery.

If you are not getting that then it's time to start going through the system.

Of course you could also just pull the battery, have someplace test it and go from there. :D