Kubota B7500 loss of power / won't start

/ Kubota B7500 loss of power / won't start #12  
Well I had a chance to look at my fuel filter last night and there was about 1/2" of water in the bottom of the bowl. I'm somewhat surprised where it came from because the filter is no more than 6 months old and the fuel was relatively fresh. Oh well, I drained off the water, pumped out much of the fuel in the tank and will replace it with fresh diesel. I also soaked the filter, which didn't appear to have any water in it, overnight in some Howe's Diesel Treat and will give it a go. I'm also going to pick up a replacement filter to have on hand. I live in Mryland and really need the tractor up and running tonight because we're expected to get 1'-2' of snow tomorrow through Sat.

Thanks for your help.

Hope I can jump in here with some help.
Diesel fuel has a tendency to breakdown particularly when it is not being agitated. Water drops to the bottom of the fuel tank as it is heavier than the fuel. In between the water and the fuel is a layer of air: Breeding ground for fungi, bacteria and other nasties.
Into this equation are the additives placed in the fuel: now animal fats in addition to grain, vegetable and so on.

You have temporarily corrected the problem. Who really wants to go through that every few months.
You may want to investigate Shellbourne Fuels' liquid catalyst for diesel engines. It prevents the diesel fuel from breaking-down even if vehicle is parked for 5 months without movement.
The catalyst contains a fungicide, a bacteria killer and an evapourator..... which means 'No more water'.
It's EPA listed. 1 oz treats 20 gallons. Cost represents ~10% of total amount you save.
Oh: it also allows for instant start in temperatures down to minus 45 deg F.
Worth a google.

Last edited:
   / Kubota B7500 loss of power / won't start #13  
Oh: it also allows for instant start in temperatures down to minus 45 deg F.

Is that with or without a block heater?:confused: