Kubota B8200 seat worth $300+ ? ? ?

/ Kubota B8200 seat worth $300+ ? ? ? #1  

hpa_missouri

Hoping that someone has replaced their seat on the b8200 without having to buy one of the HIGH $ factory seats?

Anyone offer a suggestion here?

thanks,

Harry

/ Kubota B8200 seat worth $300+ ? ? ? #2  
A few friends that are pretty skimpy with they money have used small bucket seats from a car in a junk yard for their tractors. They are actually pretty comfy and can be bought pretty cheap.

I've replaced some seats on some of my excavating equipment and I've bought cars back in the old days for less than a seat costs.

Topstrap

/ Kubota B8200 seat worth $300+ ? ? ? #3  
Whats wrong with the seat you have? For that kind of money i would go by a upholstery shop and see what they would charge to recover it.

Other than doing that you could look at places like northern tool and find a seat that may work for a resonable price even it you have to make an adapter plate. I read a post the other week where a guy was looking for a replacement seat for a yanmar and the hoye tractor site has a seat on there for 89$ (i believe thats what it was).

If you do go the upholstery route then post what the cost was please.

/ Kubota B8200 seat worth $300+ ? ? ?
For that kind of money i would go by a upholstery shop and see what they would charge to recover it.

I haven't had any seat work done by a shop but my brother-in-law had a dozer seat, a truck seat and two motorcycle seats done and I wasn't impressed by any of them. I know if you send it to a place like Corbin (motorcycle seats) it would look like new when I get it back but cost would be probably over $400.

The B8200 seat is made of a semi hard foam covered by a hard vinyl covering and the whole thing seems like it was all formed/glued together. What happened to mine was the vinyl covering split in three places. No doubt from old age. It still "sits" ok but just looks bad. I want it to look as good as the rest of the tractor. I just bought this tractor and it really looks good. The only thing I found wrong with it was one "headlight" bulb out and the cracks in the seat. I am totally impressed with this tractor. I've never owned a Kubota before.

The local Kubota dealer had several replacment seats on a rack at the shop and they all looked good and they were all under about $120. A couple even under $100. I asked about them and he said they wouldn't fit my tractor because they were all for the newer tractors.

I'm going to take my seat off and take it down there and compare to see if any of them "might" work.

Harry

/ Kubota B8200 seat worth $300+ ? ? ?
I'd try this...

B1013 Kubota B/BX-Series replacment seat

If its not a perfect fit, it will be darn close.

I think the replacement seats the local dealer has on the shelf probably are for the BX tractors and he told me they wouldn't fit my tractor. I'm going to take my seat off and take it there and compare for myself. If it doesn't fit, then like you said, they might come real close.

I was just hoping someone had already been through this and had an actual part number/brand of seat I could go with.

Harry

/ Kubota B8200 seat worth $300+ ? ? ? #8  
I have a 3010 Kubota tractor and have the same problem. Seat worn out and seat frame corrodite. Kubta want four hundred something dollars for a new seat which comes i believe in two pieces. I believe I will try putting a boat seat and by comparing both they look pretty close.