Kubota brand radiator hose or aftermarket

/ Kubota brand radiator hose or aftermarket #1  

Hiptfarms

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 with BH FEL, Kubota L4400 HST with FEL, Polaris Ranger, BCS 720
I'm needing to service the antifreeze in my M6800. I was planning on changing the hoses as well. I have sourced the hoses and 2 out of 3 are not in stock online at Messicks. I can buy them now at a fraction of the cost if I buy aftermarket. As long as the angles of the hoses is correct, is there are reason to wait and buy the orange brand over the aftermarket? I've not changed any radiator hoses before so I'm asking for guidance. Thanks.

/ Kubota brand radiator hose or aftermarket #2  
I'm needing to service the antifreeze in my M6800. I was planning on changing the hoses as well. I have sourced the hoses and 2 out of 3 are not in stock online at Messicks. I can buy them now at a fraction of the cost if I buy aftermarket. As long as the angles of the hoses is correct, is there are reason to wait and buy the orange brand over the aftermarket? I've not changed any radiator hoses before so I'm asking for guidance. Thanks.

Aftermarket hoses from reputable supplier (e.g., NAPA, Gates, Dayco, etc.) should be fine. I’ve never had a problem with aftermarket hoses or belts. Doubtful Kubota makes their OEM hoses.

/ Kubota brand radiator hose or aftermarket #3  

FWIW: I have a B1750HSDT bought new in 1993. EVERY single hose on it (coolant, fuel, oil, hydraulic) is original.

Most folks get 5-10 years from aftermarket radiator hoses.

SDT

/ Kubota brand radiator hose or aftermarket
Thanks guys. Those are the original hoses from 2004. I just got to worrying about them letting me down and my engine getting too hot.

/ Kubota brand radiator hose or aftermarket #6  
Thanks guys. Those are the original hoses from 2004. I just got to worrying about them letting me down and my engine getting too hot.

Its very hard to tell if those 16 year old hoses have deteriorated on the inside or not. Many times they'll look perfectly fine from the outside, but collapse when they get hot. You're very smart to go ahead and replace them while you're in there.

I have no suggestion as to whether to buy Kubota brand or aftermarket. I do know what I'd do though - hello Parts Store.

/ Kubota brand radiator hose or aftermarket #7  
Not all hoses are the same even if they "look" the same. Some can take a higher pressure or hotter fluids etc.
The only way to assess the construction is to cut them, so if you trust you seller ask him his opinion.

/ Kubota brand radiator hose or aftermarket #8  
I seriously doubt Kubota has its own hose plant. I think it's wise to replace them after 16 years, and any "good" brand would be ok for me. I mean, it's a hose.

/ Kubota brand radiator hose or aftermarket #9  
OEM hoses? Maybe...., but I doubt that Kubota makes them. I replaced a lot of hoses when I had a mechanical shop. Never had a problem with any of the
name brand hoses. Locally, a lot of them are made by Gates and/or sold by NAPA.
rScotty

/ Kubota brand radiator hose or aftermarket #10  
funny this came up, i've had a weeping rad hose all winter on my 7060. finally decided to order a new one. Saw this thread and looked for aftermarket but had no luck. I'm in the boonies so a trip to napa is not a quick trip (nor possible with the shopping restrictions). The Kubota hoses were a day or 3 away from the dealer, and around $30 each. i can't imagine they'd have been any cheaper anywhere else. the $4 hose clamp now is another story, but it'll all show up in one box and i won't have to start my truck.
slightly irritated that a 3 year old hose with 400 hours is needing to be replaced.... i can't tell if it was just leaking a bit around the clamp (tight as could be) or what.... tractor is in unheated shop all winter with -30 as normal temps so maybe just the cold had stuff shrunk up a bit...... only have lost maybe a 1/2 cup in 50 hours of running, just enough to smell, not enough to drip