Kubota bucket tries to dump when raised all the way up

/ Kubota bucket tries to dump when raised all the way up #1  

scottdv

Tractor
Kubota B26TLB
Hello,

My Kubota B26TLB has developed a tendency to want to dump the bucket as the FEL approaches the top of it's lift. I can actually feel the joystick control push sideways in my hand.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thank you.

/ Kubota bucket tries to dump when raised all the way up #2  
The most common reason for that behavior is you are running out of fluid/pressure to hold the cylinder. Leak somewhere or loss for some reason as you said it developed the behavior (as opposed to not adding enough fluid after changing in a new hydraulic filter to compensate for refilling the filter).

After that you need to start looking at your seals on both the cylinder and your valves.

There is a third possibility but usually you will see ram bleed with it.

This is all only if your tractor does not have auto-leveling. If it does, check your fluid level and then check your auto level system, maybe something is tripping/shorting depending on the type.

/ Kubota bucket tries to dump when raised all the way up #3  
That^

Bad news is, if it's physically pushing the joystick in your hand it's probably a seal somewhere in the joystick which I'd imagine is gonna be a PIA to take apart.

/ Kubota bucket tries to dump when raised all the way up #4  
First try curling the bucket, then disconnecting the handle on the dump/curl spool valve then try to recreate the problem. This should take out at least the linkages. If it still does it I would try taking each curl/dump cylinder out of the system by plugging the line of one cylinders hoses. This way you know it's not the cylinders. So your left with it being In the valve body.

/ Kubota bucket tries to dump when raised all the way up #5  
The B26 has some spill guard linkage that rolls the bucket forward when raising to prevent material from spilling backwards onto the hood. This linkage is adjustable. It does this by physically controlling the joy stick. Check that control arms and joints are not bent. Operator’s manual has adjustment procedure. I adjusted mine when I first got it to suit me.
IMG_1948.JPG

Usually it is set once and forget. Different types buckets would act differently.

This is not a required to operate feature and have a friend who disabled it on his B26. One of the advantages of the TLBs is the greater loader strength and more bucket articulation. I find it helpful particularly moving full buckets of gravel.

/ Kubota bucket tries to dump when raised all the way up #6  
You might have a leak in the control valve and hydraulic fluid is leaking from the lift circuit to the dump circuit.