Kubota BX Plowing Snow Video

/ Kubota BX Plowing Snow Video #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
Here is a little video of me plowing snow with the BX earlier this week.

/ Kubota BX Plowing Snow Video #2  
How much snow did y'all get up that way?

/ Kubota BX Plowing Snow Video #4  
do you always pull your blade with it turned backwards?

/ Kubota BX Plowing Snow Video
do you always pull your blade with it turned backwards?

I always run the blade the opposite way it should be ran when I am plowing snow on gravel. If it is deep I will push backwards.

Running with cutting edge opposite the direction of travel is also a good way to level gravel.

/ Kubota BX Plowing Snow Video #6  
I always run the blade the opposite way it should be ran when I am plowing snow on gravel. If it is deep I will push backwards.

Running with cutting edge opposite the direction of travel is also a good way to level gravel.
I will have to try that... I have about 800ft of gravel steep driveway and my blade can cut too deep at times if I am not 'feathering' it.

I will have to try that... I have about 800ft of gravel steep driveway and my blade can cut too deep at times if I am not 'feathering' it.

Also when you are driving forward, the shorter your top link is the less cut it will have. Thanks for the comment on Youtube too:)

/ Kubota BX Plowing Snow Video #8  
Also when you are driving forward, the shorter your top link is the less cut it will have. Thanks for the comment on Youtube too:)

However, if you are using the blade at an angle, you can end up with one end or the other in the air when you make this adjustment.

/ Kubota BX Plowing Snow Video #9  
That Kubota sounds like its wound up pretty good. What rpm do you run it at? Your definitely not standing still, your tractor is like mine you can really hear the hydro, I run mine at 1800 to 2000 rpm when plowing seems to work best but I wonder if might be a little high.

That Kubota sounds like its wound up pretty good. What rpm do you run it at? Your definitely not standing still, your tractor is like mine you can really hear the hydro, I run mine at 1800 to 2000 rpm when plowing seems to work best but I wonder if might be a little high.

I run the BX at full throttle (3400 RPM) when I plow snow.