Kubota BX2360 or B2620???

/ Kubota BX2360 or B2620??? #1  

PapaPerk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500
Howdy ya'll. :laughing:

I've been kicking around the idea of getting a small Kubota for yard detail and mowing. I already own a L3830 with LA723 loader. :licking:

I mow (lawn) around 2 acres weekly and have been using a Toro 270H garden tractor that I bought for $120.00! :cool2: It works well but I'm always looking for bigger and better!

So I was thinking about either a BX2360 or B2620. I think a loader would be really handy in this size for doing landscaping work, etc. The 3830 can be a little big in the yard.

So with that said... which should I get? Price is always an issue however I like to get the most bang for my buck... so if spending a little more gets me more bang then I'm all for it! :D

I would like a 60" mower and loader on either tractor. I have no idea what these jewels cost so any rough estimates would be great. I would run the R4 tires (industrial).

I'm a little concerned the B2620 will be too big for mowing around sidewalks and landscaping... but looking at them in the showroom... they look very similar in size. Not crazy about the tiny front tires on the BX. Not much ground clearance there... :mad:

Thanks for any help. BTW I would be using the Kubota 0% financing.

/ Kubota BX2360 or B2620??? #2  
Does the B2620 have a suspended mower deck or a ground contact deck? I think BPfick made this change and did a write up on it. May want to do search for threads started by BP.

Roy

/ Kubota BX2360 or B2620??? #3  
Since you already have a larger tractor, I'd get the Bx. There isn't a huge size difference between a smaller B and a BX, but there is a difference. If your worried about ground clearance, break out the larger tractor you already have. I bought my BX about 3 years ago, and just looked at the reciept last night. I think the tractor and 60" deck with tax and everything cost about 11k. I bought the loader a few weeks latter and it was $2100. I'm pretty sure prices haven't gone down any since I bought mine, and probably have gone up.

/ Kubota BX2360 or B2620??? #4  
I agree. Because you have a larger tractor to go to for bigger jobs, the BX would make a fine mowing and landscape unit. My daughter has a BX with loader, backblade and 4' brush hog. It's a good unit. She didn't get the mid-mount mower because she just uses on her horse farm.

I'm planning on getting a B2920 in the spring but I don't have a bigger tractor to go to when I want more ground clearance like you do.

/ Kubota BX2360 or B2620??? #5  
I too studied long and hard between the B and BX and went with the BX due to the slightly smaller size, better stability on slopes and maneuverability.

I too have bigger machines for heavier work or would have gone with the B.

/ Kubota BX2360 or B2620??? #6  
Another vote for the BX for your aplication.

Will

/ Kubota BX2360 or B2620???
Thank you for the replies guys! :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm starting see your point about the BX and the L3830. Big brother, little brother! :laughing:

That little loader on the BX would be awesome for mulching the gardens and detail work. :D