Kubota BX25 has weak HST power

/ Kubota BX25 has weak HST power #11  
This is a real long shot but I had a similar problem. My tractor just wouldn't pull a hill. My rear tires were under inflated. They are fluid filled and hard to check. They didn't look low but they were so under inflated the rim was spinning inside the rim.

/ Kubota BX25 has weak HST power
He scores! Paul Short was right in his Youtube posting. It was this piddly little nut deep in the frame of the tractor, almost inaccessible, that had come off. It joined one piece of the go pedal linkage to another piece, and, with the nut off, there was slack in the system, meaning that the go pedal force on your foot was not all being translated directly to the HST mechanism. So, it was like you had just pushed the go pedal down a little bit instead of however much you actually did push it down.

Anyway, I had to remove the Bro-Tek skid plates in order to get access, and then I couldn't believe it, but I was able to reach up and put the new nut on and lock washer with my big hands and big fingers, after about 20 or 30 or 40 tries. Now Paul had exactly the same problem, and I have no idea how he figured it out, but he said that it would be difficult to get that nut on and I was very inspired by the fact that he also said "I did it, and if I can do it, you can do it." If it was not for that statement I would've given up after 30 tries or so, but I kept thinking about what he said, and after many, many tries, and much to my surprise, I finally got the nut on!

Another great example of how we support and inspire each other here on TBN.

After I had installed the washer and nut, and then bolted my skid plate back on, I went for a little ride, and it was so nice to see the tractor booting along much faster than it did before. Also the reverse had all the power in the world, and it was the tractor that I had originally purchased all over again.

A big relief, and it saved me both time and money because I did not have to take it to the dealer.

Now I have to sit back and watch the sunset here at the lake, and say to myself "life is good".

Thanks again, Paul, and best of luck on your recovery! You have certainly made a difference in my tractor life, and I hope that you continue to do so!

James
(A fellow "Canuck" from Ontario)

/ Kubota BX25 has weak HST power #14  
Excellent, glad you were able to resolve it quickly. That is on big benefit of TBN, the shared knowledge :)

/ Kubota BX25 has weak HST power #15  
He scores! Paul Short was right in his Youtube posting. It was this piddly little nut deep in the frame of the tractor, almost inaccessible, that had come off. It joined one piece of the go pedal linkage to another piece, and, with the nut off, there was slack in the system, meaning that the go pedal force on your foot was not all being translated directly to the HST mechanism. So, it was like you had just pushed the go pedal down a little bit instead of however much you actually did push it down.

Anyway, I had to remove the Bro-Tek skid plates in order to get access, and then I couldn't believe it, but I was able to reach up and put the new nut on and lock washer with my big hands and big fingers, after about 20 or 30 or 40 tries. Now Paul had exactly the same problem, and I have no idea how he figured it out, but he said that it would be difficult to get that nut on and I was very inspired by the fact that he also said "I did it, and if I can do it, you can do it." If it was not for that statement I would've given up after 30 tries or so, but I kept thinking about what he said, and after many, many tries, and much to my surprise, I finally got the nut on!

Another great example of how we support and inspire each other here on TBN.

After I had installed the washer and nut, and then bolted my skid plate back on, I went for a little ride, and it was so nice to see the tractor booting along much faster than it did before. Also the reverse had all the power in the world, and it was the tractor that I had originally purchased all over again.

A big relief, and it saved me both time and money because I did not have to take it to the dealer.

Now I have to sit back and watch the sunset here at the lake, and say to myself "life is good".

Thanks again, Paul, and best of luck on your recovery! You have certainly made a difference in my tractor life, and I hope that you continue to do so!

James
(A fellow "Canuck" from Ontario)

Glad it worked out for you James. I appreciate the mention. It's so rewarding when we can solve our own tractor repairs and not have to take the machine out to the dealer. Proud of you for getting it done :laughing:
Good stuff.

/ Kubota BX25 has weak HST power #16  
Looking for a cross reference for oil filter and transmission filter. Our Kubota dealer is a 90 mile round trip!
Have a new BX25DLB and hit the 50 change already.
Thanks for any help.