Kubota Dealer Issues-Present

/ Kubota Dealer Issues-Present #1  

Chevca

Tractor
Searching
I have been on the hunt for a new BX23S and found one a few months ago but it had a problem with the backhoe that would affect its operation. Long story short the dealer said they would let me know when it was fixed, and I left them alone knowing it would be a while but thought I would check in about a month or so later and they aren't responding. So I am assuming that the machine is gone/unavailable and moving on to another dealer who I will call dealer #2. My conversation began simply enough explaining machines were on order, I could reserve one they just needed to know what I wanted on it. But then it got weird when I explained that I wanted a mid-mount mower and front weights for whatever reason this was an issue (no idea why?), but he said he would send me a quote. Well, a week later no quote so I thought how about I send something to him from Kubota's configurator, and a week or so later no answer. So this brings me to dealer #3 they also have machines on order (fine by me) and they need me to reserve one (also fine) but this time I am setting my goal to R14 tires and quick attach front loader that's it, nevermind anything else I will figure that out later because this is getting ridiculous. Now, this dealer added a condition to reserving that if I was going to reserve a machine and finance it I needed to fill out an application. I did and get a message to contact my local dealer because the application is pended here again silence.

What I am gathering is basically the dealers within about a 50-mile radius of Milwaukee aren't doing anything to really "sell" the equipment my guess is they have enough people and notably people who may not know what they are looking for or necessarily "doing" that regardless of what they have they can sell it for whatever they want and in whatever condition it is in. They seem completely unmotivated to fix or help with anything outside of collecting your money and handing off a machine to you. Curious if outside of my 50-mile radius is it any better or the same? Have dealers basically decided they can selectively sell to only those who have cash and are willing to buy whatever is on the lot or whatever comes in regardless of the options or what the dealer can install for them?

/ Kubota Dealer Issues-Present #2  
Are these individual dealers or one dealer with several show rooms? I ask because we have about five Kubota showrooms within a hundred mile radius but one company owns them all. If they're interconnected they may show you as a looky loo who doesn't really know what he wants and quotes different options at each showroom.

/ Kubota Dealer Issues-Present #3  
First, welcome to TBN. I can't make out much of the reason the dealer would do this. However, that said, I know anytime you talk about ballast they they feel (or think might be) are a danger, they don't want the liability of the sale. I hope you get better cooperation soon. Will agree with Roadworthy, we have about 5 or 6 JD dealers, all owned by the same company, so prices and quotes are all same. Best Wishes.

/ Kubota Dealer Issues-Present
Are these individual dealers or one dealer with several show rooms? I ask because we have about five Kubota showrooms within a hundred mile radius but one company owns them all. If they're interconnected they may show you as a looky loo who doesn't really know what he wants and quotes different options at each showroom.
No, they are all independent/separate from one another

/ Kubota Dealer Issues-Present #5  
Yeah, chasing a tractor that’s not really available. Options are slow to ship. A few months into covid I had to have another tractor and bought an M4 as a package but told them give me the tractor and I’d bring it back for the options…took nearly six months for them to get all the parts and that was early on in the shortages.

Dealer isn’t gonna waste time with a tractor sitting on the lot waiting for a hard to get low demand item (like weights for a sub compact). I’d do like you said and just grab the tractor. Then order the other items you want, a good dealer can still finance that if you want.

/ Kubota Dealer Issues-Present #6  
Or you can do like we did and move away from MKE. That and look into more brands. I was thinking Kubota when I started looking, but I am leaning toward Branson or LS now...Kubota is about 5th and JD is only ahead of Yanmar and that is only because Yanmar has no dealers for over 100 miles.

/ Kubota Dealer Issues-Present #7  
Front weights aren't compatible with the LA340S or LA340 loader. The BX23S is not available without a backhoe. That would be a BX2380.

/ Kubota Dealer Issues-Present #8  
Yeah, chasing a tractor that’s not really available. Options are slow to ship. A few months into covid I had to have another tractor and bought an M4 as a package but told them give me the tractor and I’d bring it back for the options…took nearly six months for them to get all the parts and that was early on in the shortages.

Dealer isn’t gonna waste time with a tractor sitting on the lot waiting for a hard to get low demand item (like weights for a sub compact). I’d do like you said and just grab the tractor. Then order the other items you want, a good dealer can still finance that if you want.
I am doing this as we speak. I bought a Kubota L3560HSTC-LE with the LA805 loader and with around $20K in options. I took the tractor in mid September, and I will wait for.....
-BH92 and all required subframe and hydraulic kit parts
-Thumb for BH92
-Top and Tilt
-Defrost glass kit
-Loaded tires (Not due to back-order, the mechanics do not want to deal with 800lb wheel/tire assemblies while working on the machine)
-Front and rear work lights
-left and right mirrors
-Left cab grab handle
-Rear wiper kit
-High Capacity Alternator Kit
-Third function kit

I hope that in November my lump of junk all comes in and I can return the machine to get it all done. In the meanwhile, I am just glad that I have the machine.

/ Kubota Dealer Issues-Present #9  
I am doing this as we speak. I bought a Kubota L3560HSTC-LE with the LA805 loader and with around $20K in options. I took the tractor in mid September, and I will wait for.....
-BH92 and all required subframe and hydraulic kit parts
-Thumb for BH92
-Top and Tilt
-Defrost glass kit
-Loaded tires (Not due to back-order, the mechanics do not want to deal with 800lb wheel/tire assemblies while working on the machine)
-Front and rear work lights
-left and right mirrors
-Left cab grab handle
-Rear wiper kit
-High Capacity Alternator Kit
-Third function kit

I hope that in November my lump of junk all comes in and I can return the machine to get it all done. In the meanwhile, I am just glad that I have the machine.

Geez. That’s a long list of missing stuff. Will all that be dealer installed? Prior to all the current issues, would the dealer have installed all that or would it have came to them with it?

/ Kubota Dealer Issues-Present #10  
I’m of no help, specifically. In general, right now shopping looks like this:

Will the available product work? If yes, buy it.
Will the available product almost work? If yes, buy it, hope for the best.
Is the product the exact one you wanted? Irrelevant.
If they happen to have what you want, buy quickly.