Kubota F2100 - Should I Consider It?

/ Kubota F2100 - Should I Consider It? #1  

Poopdeck Pappy

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE Cab, Kubota BX23, Kubota BX2660, Grasshopper 729BT
I just ran across a 1995 Kubota F2100 for sale. It is 2wd, has 3,300 hours on it, and I didn't even notice what size mower deck it has (60" I think). It was sitting on the side of the road with a "For Sale" sign on it, and I didn't get out and look at it. I called the seller and he is asking $2,500, but made it clear that is his "asking" price.

I really don't know anything about the Kubota F-series, except that I drool when I read the posts on this forum about them. This one is 20 years old, so I would need to check it out thoroughly. But, assuming it appears to be in good condition (considering its age), is there any reason I should avoid this model?

Are there any problem areas or anything in particular about this model a potential buyer should be aware of?

Does the front deck fold up on these so you can clean under the deck and remove the blades without jacking it up?

Does anyone have an opinion on the value? I looked on tractorhouse.com, and the prices were all over the map.

/ Kubota F2100 - Should I Consider It? #2  
I wish I was closer, I'd buy it for resale! We have those units out in excess of 10,000 hours in the four wheel drive units from several golf coarse still working. Being of that age nobody was offering the fold up decks at that time.

/ Kubota F2100 - Should I Consider It?
Art, thanks for the response. Sounds like they are a typical Kubota - dependable if maintained and not abused.

I think I'm gonna check this one out tomorrow when the seller gets back in town.

/ Kubota F2100 - Should I Consider It? #4  
It is definitely worth that if it is in decent shape. Those diesel motors run forever. Just drive it around and mow with it to make sure everything works.

/ Kubota F2100 - Should I Consider It? #5  
For about 4 times that amount you can get a 2008 F2680e 72" deck with 170 hours, if Barlows still has it.:D
I read some old reports that the early Fs were under powered in HP but test it and if your land is not bad steep in grade the power may be plenty or adequate for the size deck. The Fs are great mowers.