Oil & Fuel Kubota fuel issues

/ Kubota fuel issues #1  

hossshoe

Howdy guys/gals,
Haven`t logged on here in years as I have not had any issues with my Kubotas that I couldn`t handle myself(had to reregister as I couldn`t even remember my user name :) ). Today is different. The first snow storm this year my 2350 was missing and sputtering when snowblowing so after I got done I changed out to new fuel and new filters. Yesterday and today it is missing and dying out and can`t even pull my hat off of my head let alone blow this heavy snow. I was thinking it had to be the fuel pump but when I pull the fuel line apart on the engine side of fuel pump all I get is bubbles and an intermittent stream of fuel. Obviously I have a vacuum leak somewhere. What baffles me is when I pull the line apart before the fuel pump I have no fuel flow at all. (thought it should still siphon, also have no leaks anywhere) Any ideas before I tear everything all down? I should know and haven`t looked yet but does it have a diptube for fuel or just a nipple on the bottom of the tank? By the way- Merry Christmas and thanks for your ideas.

/ Kubota fuel issues #2  
Merry CHRISTmas and welcome back. I would try to blow back into the fuel tank with compressed air. You may have something pugging the fuel line. If you don't have fuel flow to the pump it is starving the pump.

/ Kubota fuel issues #3  
I know you said "filters" but did you change the one by the rear axle and are you sure the transfer pump is working???

/ Kubota fuel issues #4  
Another thing to consider is that the filler cap may not be venting properly. I had to replace mine because it was collapsing the fuel tank as it used fuel. Have you tried running it or removing the fuel line with the cap lose?

Merry Christmas to you also!!

/ Kubota fuel issues #5  
Depending on the temperature, it might be jelled fuel. There is a product called 911 that is sold in the auto isle of Walmart that will break up the paraffin (wax) particles in diesel fuel, and allow it to flow again. Once you get the tractor running, you should use a diesel fuel conditioner that will prevent this from occurring again in the future. One thing to always keep in mind is that most places where you buy fuel almost always have water at the bottom of there tanks. I always allow the fuel container to "rest" for a day or so before I put it into my tractor, and I never drain the container to the bottom, so if there is any water in the fuel, it will stay at the bottom of my fuel container. If the weather is below freezing, I leave the fuel container outside to see if what is at the bottom turns to ice.

/ Kubota fuel issues #6  
x2 what dusty said, ESPECIALLY if you are burning fuel you bought in summer. There are lots of products to liquify gelled diesel. Plain kerosene will work if you can't get to a supply house.

Merry Christmas!

/ Kubota fuel issues #7  
In a pinch, you can use up to 10% gasoline.. This is what Mercedes used to recommend back in the day before we had modern day chemicals to do this. More than 10% will cause the engine to run too hot.

/ Kubota fuel issues #8  
Thanks guys for the idea`rs. Here is what I`ve done so far.

- new fuel( #1)
- new filters ( yup- both)
- my next step tonight after company leaves is to hook hose to back side of pump and see if it will suck fuel out of a cup. I`m thinking it will. Seems to be an issue of fuel getting from tank to pump if pump is not bad.
- I like the idea of blowing back through line to see if gunk is plugging line.

Thanks for the help so far. I will get this!! :) Just didn`t want to start tearing too much down until I got some different ideas.

/ Kubota fuel issues #9  
This has appeared as an issue in other threads, and typically, the blow back, cleaning the tank pickup is what "solves" it, at least for awhile.

/ Kubota fuel issues #10  
Fuel pump is still working ( checked between the desserts and the presents getting opened. :) ) took a can full of fuel and hose to the pump- the pump worked great. Has to be something between the pump and tank having issues. Gotta try to get it tonight as the temp here is 34 degrees and if this slush and wet snow freezes we`re gonna have issues. LOL Thanks again guys- gonna try the air hose later.