Kubota fuel requirements.

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #21  
Maybe it varies by region, but here all the fuel is the same, only dye is added to differentiat between taxed and non-taxed.
Really broad statement "here all fuel is the same". Furnace oil and diesel oils are similar, but they are different. Dye or no Dye are the same diesel fuel. Furnace oil is for heating and has no dye because it isn't a fuel for internal combustion engines. It has no lubricant additives and no cetane rating, to say the least. Not to say that in a pinch/emergency you couldn't run it in an engine, but it's not the same as diesel fuel. However, your engine, but not in my diesel engine.... Dutchy

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #22  
Google is your friend. Diesel and home heating oil can be different. What is often common is that they are 100% identical, for our area home heating oil is not common, so they don’t stock it separately. I found an old article where in Pennsylvania they allowed higher sulfur content compared to diesel. It is also dyed in most areas if not all areas. If you don’t believe us read up on it.

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #23  
Really broad statement "here all fuel is the same". Furnace oil and diesel oils are similar, but they are different. Dye or no Dye are the same diesel fuel. Furnace oil is for heating and has no dye because it isn't a fuel for internal combustion engines. It has no lubricant additives and no cetane rating, to say the least. Not to say that in a pinch/emergency you couldn't run it in an engine, but it's not the same as diesel fuel. However, your engine, but not in my diesel engine.... Dutchy
Not broad at all, here, as in my area which is listed in my profile, home heating oil is the same as the ULS diesel from the local suppliers (mostly southern states).
If you're area does it differently and their fuel is not adequate for ICE then I wouldn't use it, but all it takes is checking with your supplier to find out.

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #24  
Not broad at all, here, as in my area which is listed in my profile, home heating oil is the same as the ULS diesel from the local suppliers (mostly southern states).
If you're area does it differently and their fuel is not adequate for ICE then I wouldn't use it, but all it takes is checking with your supplier to find out.
Google is your friend. Diesel and home heating oil can be different. What is often common is that they are 100% identical, for our area home heating oil is not common, so they don’t stock it separately. I found an old article where in Pennsylvania they allowed higher sulfur content compared to diesel. It is also dyed in most areas if not all areas. If you don’t believe us read up on it.

Whats the ASTM say about them? Because they do fall under 2 separate ratings.

As said, they usually start out the same but it's what's in them as delivered that makes them different. That difference is made by what is added to the oil, or not, before delivery. It even varies a bit by brand name.

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #25  
At one time I had diesel delivered to my large shop tank. I always asked if it was off road diesel or home heating oil. They said yes, it’s off road diesel.
Never gave me a really good feeling, so 10 years ago, I went to a 80 gallon truck mounted tank. Although I have to fill it sometimes 2x/week during busier parts of the year, the place I go to moves a LOT of fuel. Rare for me to have fuel issues on the 6 tractors we run. The filling station is fairly close.
I should have a 100 gallon tank on the truck

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #26  
In north Chicago they were taxing the peoples
furniture and house hold items. There was a
lawyer standing out side the door where you had
to pay the tax and went in with them as it was not
legal to tax personal property. This was back in the
mid 60's.
It doesn't pay for me to buy the off road diesel
I only use 2 5 gallon jugs and they will last 10
hours but driving to town to buy the ten gallons
cost more for fuel than the few pennies you can
save! Diesel at the pump is low sulfur.

willy

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #27  
Once in a while a friend will sell me some off road diesel. On the road pumps in my area is always some level of bio-diesel so I figure come winter time the pure off road diesel might be less likely to tell.

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #28  
This is why they want to move to 'per mile' tax.
No they aren't.

They're going to add it. It will be another added additional tax. :(

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #29  
No they aren't.

They're going to add it. It will be another added additional tax. :(
Of course. No tax, once levied, is taken away

/ Kubota fuel requirements. #30  
Nope nope nope!!! Heating oil has NO lubricants or cetane additives. It’s okay to use diesel in place of heating Oil but not a good idea to use heating Oil in place of diesel fuel....Dutchy
That depends on your location and your fuel supplier.
This has just about been beaten to death over the years. That’s why I said as a rule, of course rules can be broken. There have been several posters who have said the truck drivers said the off road diesel and home heating oil are the same. They come out of the same tank. The thing to do would be to check with your supplier.
Exactly, our fuel supplier is also one of the local tractor dealers. From what they have said in the Northeast ulsd is required for home heating oil to the point where the refineries don't run a separate grade for heating oil, it's all number two diesel.
Additives may be different, but we put Power Service in the tank when they fill it (gray in the summer, white in the winter) so that should take care of any lubricity issues.

Aaron Z