Kubota G1900s Hydraulic question

/ Kubota G1900s Hydraulic question #1  

SkipperH

Tractor
Kubota G1900s
I would like to purchase a hydraulic cylinder and fabricate a 3 pt type hitch or sleeve hitch for the rear of my G1900. The 3 pt hitch option schematic shows a hydraulic line going to the inboard side of the hydraulic control valve and attaches to a cylinder on the frame. My question is.....If I can hook a line to the inboard side of the hyd. control and attach to a cylinder in the rear, could I run a second control lever to work the new cylinder independently? Note: pic shows the outboard side of hyd, control valve. thanks.

/ Kubota G1900s Hydraulic question #2  
There is no pic to see.

If your hyd system is open center hyd system, then you can add valves in series.

The first valve should have PB to pass the fluid downstream to the next valve.

You could also install a two position valve to shift the control of one valve to different cyl.

Like this.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-10678&catname=hydraulic

/ Kubota G1900s Hydraulic question #3  
Skipper, will you use your mower deck at the same time as the rear hitch? Do you plan to remove it or leave it in place when using your attached implement? Because your deck cylinder is single-acting, you could actually hook your rear hitch in parallel. The mower deck just drops from gravity, it is not driven down. You could either remove it or chain it up in the raised position to use the rear hitch. The deck lift cylinder has a very short rod. As soon as it reaches its limit, the pressure will be available to the rear hitch. That way you can simply "T" into the pressure line and use the single deck raise lever to also raise the rear hitch. When you have your deck on, the rear lift will attempt to move also, but strap it down or just let it move up/down with the deck. Two levers would be best, but you can make this work very simply if you want.

/ Kubota G1900s Hydraulic question #4  
I did not even think of the SA cyl.

If the valve has two work ports, usually the B work port is plugged.

Do you want to use a DA cyl or a SA cyl to raise and lower the 3pt?

/ Kubota G1900s Hydraulic question
Thanks Guys, JJ, I guess SA cal would be fine since gravity would lower the attachment. I don't have a lot of expierence with hydraulics, I was hoping to remove a few bolts and add some lines and be good to go, is this realistic? P.S. sorry about the pic. S1340031.jpg

Thanks JJ. Do you know of any place on the internet where they show how to locate hydraulic feed and return ports and lines needed?

JJ, thanks that is an excellent resource!

/ Kubota G1900s Hydraulic question #10  
Skipper, here's a much better source for parts lists right on Kubota's site. You don't have to select/wait on an email to see the parts list. These are also more complete than the ones I've seen from Messicks. If you want to use Kubota parts, then you can get all the parts for a 3PH and an operating valve and plumbing directly from Kubota. Be prepared to spend some big bucks. You can check with your dealer about a kit price, but the individual parts will end up costing two or three times what one would have cost when your mower was new.

Here are some facts for you to ponder in your decisions:

1. The maximum hydraulic pressure on your G1900 garden tractor is 500 psi.
2. The hydraulic system is supplied by the Auxiliary Pump on the transmission. That's the same pump that supplies charge pressure to your HST transmission.
3. The Kubota setup for the 3PH removes your current relief valve on the side of the mower deck raise valve and replaces it with an integral remote hydraulic valve and relief combined. Your old relief valve is discarded. A lever is added to the left of your current deck lift lever and cruise control.
4. Kubota's 3PH is basically a category 0 3PH with lift arms and toplink.
5. All hydraulic cylinders used on deck lift and 3PH are single acting (SA) cylinders.