Kubota GR2100

/ Kubota GR2100 #1  

dddd

I was almost to the point of purchasing the above mower, however, after reading the owners' manual on the said machine, I'm becoming very concerned that I may be purchasing a maintenance nightmare e.g. according to the manual all hydraulic lines should be replaced every 2 years. The GR2100 has a number of excellent features i.e. all wheel drive, glide steer, power steering/deck, which on my hilly/uneven property would be an advantage. However, if all of these features are likely to be maintenance nightmares I may be better off with a simpler, cruder machine i.e. John Deere LX280. If anyone could give me their thoughts and feedback on the maintenance possibilities of the Kubota GR2100, it would be extremely appreciated.

/ Kubota GR2100 #2  
you peaked my interest. I just looked at the machine and the only hydraulic lines I see are the ones for the deck lift cylinder. No reason they should be replaced, does the manual say any more as to exactly what lines need looked at. I can't imagine thats correct.

/ Kubota GR2100 #3  
Just curious if anyone has snowblowed with a GR2100/GR2000 and could comment on it's performance...

/ Kubota GR2100
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( you peaked my interest. I just looked at the machine and the only hydraulic lines I see are the ones for the deck lift cylinder. No reason they should be replaced, does the manual say any more as to exactly what lines need looked at. I can't imagine thats correct.
[The hand book refers to the power steering lines (left and right hand) and the deck lift.I was told it,s a standard thing that kubota puts in all their hand book,s for all their machines ?

/ Kubota GR2100 #5  
Yeah... thats probably recommended just to prevent one from breaking. Most people wouldn't replace them until they break... which may be 10 or more years down the road. And since there is only a few different ones... I dought it would ever be much of a problem.

/ Kubota GR2100 #6  
I'm actually interested in one as well and will probably be buying one in the next week or two. I've spent a lot of time looking at the machine and there are only a few very short hydraulic lines on it. I doubt they really need to be replaced every other year.

These aren't just throw-away machines like you would buy at sears or the depot. There is going to be maintenance required. A lot of times the manufacturers go overboard because they know the consumer won't take care of anything. Most people do no maintenance on their mowers. They might check the oil from time to time and that's about it. So what the manufacturer does is throw out a lot of suggestions in the hopes that the customer will do at least one or two of the things listed. As far as I'm concerned, a hydraulic hose doesn't get replaced unless it needs to be replaced.