Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #12  
its pretty normal for there to be a slow ramp up with new models. Most of us dealers also put in massive orders for L40's and small orders for L60's so we can ride out tier 3 as long as possible. I personally have enough L40's to last us the next year.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #13  
Take the preliminary brochure from toplinetrailers with a grain of salt. The new 2013 Kubota full line catalog has some conflicts with that brochure.

Hope Kubota did their job right on the new models. I've been involved with Tier 4 interim from the start and ours were better in every way than Tier 3, especially fuel consumption. DPFs have been a non-issue. Fuel systems much improved because we went to common rail on Tier 3 and worked out the bugs. I am getting a Tier 4 interim Kubota, to be delivered tomorrow, but from a dealer who has not been negative regarding Tier 4 interim. Maybe that is because he sold out on Tier 3 tractors - the larger models.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #14  
I've only had my L4060 about a month, so certainly not long enough to judge yet. With that said, fuel consumption has been wonderful. I'm almost ready for the 50 hour service and most of that time has been bush hogging at 2500 rpm with the rest dirt work back and forth, hydrostat response +2 and auto throttle advance. I've used almost two full tanks (26.4 gallons per the odo). Have not done a regen yet though. I suspect that'll burn up a bit of fuel.

As for the filler neck it's more than protected by the FEL. I never remove mine so I have no worries about knocking the filler off. Plus, the top of the neck is connected by a flex hose coupling and clamp above the tank so I would expect anything that hit it hard enough to damage the filler would come closer to knocking the neck off, leaving the tank unhurt.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #15  
I've only had my L4060 about a month, so certainly not long enough to judge yet. With that said, fuel consumption has been wonderful. I'm almost ready for the 50 hour service and most of that time has been bush hogging at 2500 rpm with the rest dirt work back and forth, hydrostat response +2 and auto throttle advance. I've used almost two full tanks (26.4 gallons per the odo). Have not done a regen yet though. I suspect that'll burn up a bit of fuel.

As for the filler neck it's more than protected by the FEL. I never remove mine so I have no worries about knocking the filler off. Plus, the top of the neck is connected by a flex hose coupling and clamp above the tank so I would expect anything that hit it hard enough to damage the filler would come closer to knocking the neck off, leaving the tank unhurt.

Thanks for the information, nothing like real life experience.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #16  
Take the preliminary brochure from toplinetrailers with a grain of salt. The new 2013 Kubota full line catalog has some conflicts with that brochure.

Hope Kubota did their job right on the new models. I've been involved with Tier 4 interim from the start and ours were better in every way than Tier 3, especially fuel consumption. DPFs have been a non-issue. Fuel systems much improved because we went to common rail on Tier 3 and worked out the bugs. I am getting a Tier 4 interim Kubota, to be delivered tomorrow, but from a dealer who has not been negative regarding Tier 4 interim. Maybe that is because he sold out on Tier 3 tractors - the larger models.

Agreed on the brochure. I should have mentioned that when I posted the link. Likewise for the B50 series brochure on toplinetrailers. I have the updated brochure for the B50 now and a number of the specs have been updated and fixed. Even many of the other pages in brochure have changed. (I haven't been able to locate a newer L60 brochure yet though.)

I glad to hear you say that about the Tier 4 engines. I've read so many conflicting comments that I don't know what to believe. While I know most people have been really negative on it, I've also heard a lot of good things and the fuel savings definitely sounds like a worthwhile improvement.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #17  
As it was explained to me by my cousin from Cummins, Diesels can be made to work with low emissions or good fuel economy, but not both. That is why everyone gripes so much about the diesel mileage in 3/4 & 1 ton truck for the past several years. I'm sure they have gotten better in reliability with a few years under the belt, but it is still added complexity (and major cost!) that does nothing directly beneficial for the tractor - other than the obvious "cleaner air" you get as more of these come on line and old stuff dies.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #18  
Yes. L5740 HSTC vs L6060 HSTC - both the biggest model in their respective lines. Can't say how that translates to open station or smaller models for sure, but that made my eye pop out.

I have to believe that Kubota wants all of the GL40s gone as quick as possible so that people can't compare the price of the two.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #19  
Get a 40 series if you can.

The 60 series has the Interim Tier IV nonsense and is considerably more expensive to purchase and to operate.

SDT