Kubota L 3400 Implement Questions

/ Kubota L 3400 Implement Questions #1  

daron1970

Tractor
Kubota L3400
I recently Purchased A L 3400 With a FEL. I was wondering what Implement Sizes would work best for this tractor. What size box blade, 5 ft , 54"? what size bush hog 5' 6'? fInish Mower 6' or 7'? Rear blade 5' 6'? Tiller? Thanks! I've been looking at a 7' Rhino finish mower, which the dealer told me a L3400 would run ok as long as a keep it mowed (fescue). I've used a KK 6' rotary cutter on this tractor to bush hog fields with tall grass and it ran it with no problem. I checked the weight of the KK with other brands and it seemed to be comparable Will I need front end weights with these mowers with the FEL removed If so How many?

Last edited:
   / Kubota L 3400 Implement Questions #2  
Baron,
I think these are more subjective than you might think..
1. Boxblade size-- what kind of soil? rocky?
I have a 5ft box and it works good..I have stopped the tractor dead with mine..
the Owners Manual reccommneds 5 ft..
2. Rear blade-- 6 foot.. Think angled..
3. Bush Hog-- what will you be cutting? Taller grass/brush may mean 5ft
PTO HP will be the concern.
4. Tiller-- 4ft is what I hear-- don't really know.. Price and PTO HP is the gotcha..
5. Finish mower-- May depend more on what kind of area you are cutting.. wide open spaces-- bigger the better...watch the PTO HP requirments.. and take the FEL off.. tighter spaces-- go smaller.. I have a 4ft (it was a gift)

With the exception of the Tiller, you will want everything to be as wide as if not wider than your tractor....

There are dozens of posts on this topic..

Welcome to TBN... I hope this helps...

J

/ Kubota L 3400 Implement Questions #3  
I have the same tractor and use: 60" Bush Hog brand finish mower (size is perfect) and 72" rear blade (again, size if perfect).

/ Kubota L 3400 Implement Questions
I have the same tractor and use: 60" Bush Hog brand finish mower (size is perfect) and 72" rear blade (again, size if perfect).
Do think a Rhino 7' would be to much in fescue cut no more than every other week for this unit thanks.

/ Kubota L 3400 Implement Questions #5  
Do think a Rhino 7' would be to much in fescue cut no more than every other week for this unit thanks.

As others have stated, a general rule of thumb is 5 PTO hp per foot of mower is acceptable. A 7 foot mower equates to 35 PTO hp which the L3400 does not deliver. Sounds too large to me. Jim

/ Kubota L 3400 Implement Questions #6  
I think some of the sizes quoted you are overly conservative. My tractor is about 26 hp and I use a 7 foot blade and wouldn't want a smaller one. I use a 5 foot bushhog but the tractor is rated for up to a 6 foot. You could easily go to a 7 foot blade, 6 foot bushhog, and 6 foot boxblade. (especially is you load the tires). You want to make sure you at least cover the tire width and when you angle the blade all the way you need a 7 footer to get a 5 foot width. If you get into heavy cutting, you just have to slow down a little. As long as your lift capacity will hande the weight of the implement you'll be ok unless you have turf tires, then you might not have quite the traction you would with R1's or R4's.

/ Kubota L 3400 Implement Questions #7  
6' rear blade works well except st a 45 degree,rear tire will pack loosen ground,also if ditching might have to run rear tire in ditch.