Kubota L-4701 is this a good deal?

/ Kubota L-4701 is this a good deal? #1  

ElSueno Farms

Tractor
Kubota B2320 Kubota M5660SUD Kubota RTV500. Honda Pioneer 1000
L4701, shuttle transmission, 4wd, quick attach bucket/loader, bucket has skid steer handles, ag tires, barn kept and serviced, 300 hours.

?? Does "skid steer handles" mean?

Local tractor asking $21,950.

Looks clean, has some remaining warranty, 1 year bumper to bumper and 5 years drive train.

Fair price?

Will it do well with 6' brush mower , tiller, and attachments?

/ Kubota L-4701 is this a good deal? #2  
L4701, shuttle transmission, 4wd, quick attach bucket/loader, bucket has skid steer handles, ag tires, barn kept and serviced, 300 hours.

?? Does "skid steer handles" mean?

Local tractor asking $21,950.

Looks clean, has some remaining warranty, 1 year bumper to bumper and 5 years drive train.

Fair price?

Will it do well with 6' brush mower , tiller, and attachments?

Have you priced a new one to see where it compares?

Looks like in GA, you could get a new one, with HST, for only ~$1800 more TractorHouse.com | 216 KUBOTA L471HST For Sale

But there are some other used ones on tractor house that they are asking more $$$ for. Im not really up on the values of the newer models of kubotas.

As to the mower.....it will handle a 6' brush mower with ease.

/ Kubota L-4701 is this a good deal? #3  
Skid steer handles means it has a quick change bucket.

Kubota is currently offering 7 year free financing with 20% down. Pretty hard to buy a used machine for $1800.00 less when that kind of offer is on the table.
And it has a six year warranty.

/ Kubota L-4701 is this a good deal? #4  
The technical term is SSQA or Skid Steer Quick Attach. It's the industry standard attachment interface for Skid Steers & now tractors. You will be much happier with it than crappy pin on buckets. So much faster to change out & so many implements avaliable to use.

/ Kubota L-4701 is this a good deal? #5  
Better to visit at least two Kubota dealers and get some solid price info. You can price a new tractor on Kubota's website, too. Buying new for not much more money sure makes great sense, considering that you will get a full warranty, a dealer, and probably good financing to go with it all. SSQA = yes.

/ Kubota L-4701 is this a good deal? #6  
Get a new one with the current warranty they're offering.

/ Kubota L-4701 is this a good deal? #7  
Have you priced a new one to see where it compares?

Looks like in GA, you could get a new one, with HST, for only ~$1800 more TractorHouse.com | 2�16 KUBOTA L47�1HST For Sale

But there are some other used ones on tractor house that they are asking more $$$ for. Im not really up on the values of the newer models of kubotas.

As to the mower.....it will handle a 6' brush mower with ease.

I would be careful about trusting the deal on Tractorhouse at face value until I checked it out. The picture shows a loader without the bucket, and the description does not mention a loader. Does the price include the loader?

Based on what I know from a recent new 4701 purchase, your local deal sounds reasonable if in excellent condition and with warranty. I would offer $20K and go from there...

/ Kubota L-4701 is this a good deal? #8  
I would be careful about trusting the deal on Tractorhouse at face value until I checked it out. The picture shows a loader without the bucket, and the description does not mention a loader. Does the price include the loader?

Based on what I know from a recent new 4701 purchase, your local deal sounds reasonable if in excellent condition and with warranty. I would offer $20K and go from there...

Exactly the point of my post. You will have no idea if it's a good deal on a used tractor till you price a new one. Then you have to decide if the hours, condition, and warranty are worth the difference.

Figuring out what that difference is worth.....IE:
Is 300hours and short warranty worth saving $2000? Is it worth saving $4000?

Figuring that out is a whole lot easier than trying to come up with a value out of thin air.

/ Kubota L-4701 is this a good deal? #9  
Price a new one. They have great rebates right now! I think the used one sound high. I was shocked how cheap I could buy a new L2501 TLB for!