Kubota L2800 bucket and hitch slow to raise.

/ Kubota L2800 bucket and hitch slow to raise. #1  

clovergamecock

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 4WD FEL
The last few times that I have used my tractor the bucket seems to get slower and slower to raise and articulate. With the 3 pt hitch I have to move the raise lever a lot for it to start moving and fine adjustment is almost non existent. Any ideas what is causing this? I don't have any visible hydraulic fluid leaks.

Thanks
Wade

/ Kubota L2800 bucket and hitch slow to raise. #2  
Is their fluid in the site glass?
Does the loader shudder or just slow?
Is the fluid clear or milkey?

Milkey fluid indicates water.

If it shudders, that is a sign of air either due to low fluid, or a hole in the suction line.

How many hours does it have and have you ever changed the hydro fluid?

/ Kubota L2800 bucket and hitch slow to raise.
Is their fluid in the site glass?
Does the loader shudder or just slow?
Is the fluid clear or milkey?

Milkey fluid indicates water.

If it shudders, that is a sign of air either due to low fluid, or a hole in the suction line.

How many hours does it have and have you ever changed the hydro fluid?

It hasa about 80 hours on it and I have not chaged the hyd fluid before. Still same hyd filter. I do see fluid through the site glass and it doesn't look milky. The rear hitch does shudder a littl now that you mention it.

Wade

/ Kubota L2800 bucket and hitch slow to raise. #4  
The 50 hour service calls for new hydraulic fluid and a new filter. My original filter didn't have the magnet on it, as some others have reported. I don't know but my guess is that the magnet would clog up to fast on the initial round. When I did my 50 hour service the fluid had a metallic appearance in the right light, as some others have reported.

I'd say there is a real good chance your filter's getting clogged up by now, although I wouldn't know for sure if that would cause your problems.

I wouldn't give the 3 point shudder a second thought on an L2800. It's an "economy" tractor.

Thanks I will change the fluid and the filter this weekend. Hopefully i can find where the wife stuck the owners manual....:mad: TSC carries the proper Hyd fluid shouldn't they? Or is it all the same?

Thanks
Wade

/ Kubota L2800 bucket and hitch slow to raise. #6  
Thanks I will change the fluid and the filter this weekend. Hopefully i can find where the wife stuck the owners manual....:mad: TSC carries the proper Hyd fluid shouldn't they? Or is it all the same?

Thanks
Wade

Yes. If you read on the bucket (i think its traveller brand) universal hydro fluid at tsc it lists all the specs it meets or exceeds. It says it meets the kubota udt and kubota super udt so thats what I have been using in mine.

Thanks I will check that hose. I know that I could smell hydraulic fluid as someone in that other post mentioned.

I have misplaced my owners manual. can someone tell me where the drain is for the hydlaulic fluid and how much is needed to fill it back up?

Thanks
Wade

/ Kubota L2800 bucket and hitch slow to raise. #10  
Hope this helps...