Kubota L3301 (3200) Rear hydros and valve questions

/ Kubota L3301 (3200) Rear hydros and valve questions #1  

Scott65

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota L3301
Got another question guys. This may be obvious to some but I don't want to mess it up. I'm adding 3rd function to the front, I've got that all figured out. But that's using a valve with a power beyond port. Now I have a new project. I've come across a used backhoe and I need hydro's for the back, but with no valve. So how do you add hookups that are "always on"? And if they are really "always on", do those quick connect couplers really hold back full pressure all the time when something isn't hooked to it? Because I don't plan on having this backhoe on the tractor all the time, not even close.

Another related question. As an option, I'm going to be adding top and tilt at some point. When I add my valves for that, I may go ahead and add some extra hook ups for implements in the future since I'll have the hydraulic system open. Sort of like a valve that has a detent for float, do they make a valve that has a detent that applies hydraulic flow, instead of releasing it? If so, that valve could be what supplied my backhoe. Just hook up the hoses and put that valve in its detent position.

This may sound weird but my future plans may include some front mounted implements, like home made box shredder, tiller, etc. These (normally) pto driven implements would be hydraulically driven since I'm making them to run on the quick attach front loader. If I ever wanted to attach them to the back, thats when I would want the detent valve that would apply hydraulic pressure, rather than float. I hope some of this is making sense to someone. It all maps out in my head, but its a jumbled mess up there....

/ Kubota L3301 (3200) Rear hydros and valve questions #2  
Sounds to me that when you do the rear remotes, you need 4 sets of valves. 2 with the float function to be used with the top & tilt cylinders, a 3rd would be a std spring return to center valve for use with aux hydraulic cylinders that would be on implements and a 4th detent motor spool valve that would supply a constant hydraulic flow for any of your implements that would require a constant hydraulic flow such as your back hoe, wood splitter etc. This detent valve is not to be used to control a hydraulic cylinder.

/ Kubota L3301 (3200) Rear hydros and valve questions
Awesome, well said! So the 4th valve is the one in question. Detent motor spool valve. The detent then refers to it holding itself in place to keep the hydraulic motor (or backhoe) running?

Also, if a single valve like this even existed, i would probably need some sort of government loan to purchase it. Not to mention it would never fit beside the seat. Is it appropriate to "daisy chain" hoses from PB port to pressure port for that many valves? Keep in mind also 2 or 3 that I was thinking of adding to the front for the same purposes

Oops, I see now after rereading my post that i didn't word it correctly. Those valves are perfect I'm sure, thanks very much! When i originally said a single valve would be too expensive and too large to mount beside the seat, i should have said a single unit that contains all of these valves with all of these options. It probably doesn't exist.

So like i say, I'm sure that the valves you linked are what i need. So when a person is hooking so many valves in series on a single tractor, is it standard procedure to just use short lengths of hose to come out of one valve and straight into the next, and the next, etc?

/ Kubota L3301 (3200) Rear hydros and valve questions #6  
I'm not questioning you on this by any means, you are certainly much more knowledgeable than me on it. For curiosity's sake, what happens when someone hooks this type of setup up with individual valves and short hoses in between?

/ Kubota L3301 (3200) Rear hydros and valve questions #8  
If your hyd system is open center and each valves has PB, then each valve could be connected in series.

Again, not questioning you. If the correct way is to use the single unit with add on valves, I'll make it work. My only concern is i don't have allot of space between the seat and fender where i wanted to put the valves. I was planning on splitting them up to both sides of the seat, until you said no not to run hoses like that.

/ Kubota L3301 (3200) Rear hydros and valve questions #10  
If you did the individual valves, it would look like a jungle.

I would do the monoblock or stack valve and put it on the fender or the ROPS.

Attachments

• rear remote by flusher.jpg
    rear remote by flusher.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,054
  • Remotes 5525-1 fender mounted.JPG
    Remotes 5525-1 fender mounted.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,063