KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST

Which is the cheapest Kubota a BH92 Backhoe Hydraulic Thumb could be used on as im thinking Id refer a hydraulic to a mechanical thumb, but it seems the L3800HD does not accommodate a hydraulic.

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #12  

Which is the cheapest Kubota a BH92 Backhoe Hydraulic Thumb could be used on as im thinking Id refer a hydraulic to a mechanical thumb, but it seems the L3800HD does not accommodate a hydraulic.

I'm not sure why you say the L3800 won't accommodate a hydraulic thumb. These thumbs operate via a foot control valve on the hoe hydraulics for both the BH77 and BH92 models.

Since I don't use the thumb on my BH92 much, I opted for the manual. When I do use it, I find I can set the thumb position and just grip with the bucket for most of what I do. Yeah, it does require dismounting the tractor to adjust but it isn't much of an inconvenience for me anyway. I suppose it depends on the work you do with it though.

I could always convert the manual thumb to hydraulic by adding the valve and cylinder if I ever have the need.

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #13  
The BH77 is almost too strong for the machine size. It will drag and pull the L3800 around with ease, so a stronger hoe on that machine really gains nothing, because it wont stay planted.

The L4701 is probably the cheapest machine that the BH92 goes on. But I dont think there is much cost difference between a MX and the L4701. ANd you get a bigger frame, more weight, and a stronger loader.

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST
The BH77 is almost too strong for the machine size. It will drag and pull the L3800 around with ease, so a stronger hoe on that machine really gains nothing, because it wont stay planted.

The L4701 is probably the cheapest machine that the BH92 goes on. But I dont think there is much cost difference between a MX and the L4701. ANd you get a bigger frame, more weight, and a stronger loader.
Thank you for your honest comment.

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST
I use the heck out of my BH92. Get the mechanical thumb. It’s not anywhere near a mini X in capabilities but most of us aren’t digging to 10’. You’ll find all kinds of useful projects. My BH stays on from June-Sept. and it’s a beast! On the 92 you can relocate the seat back a little to gain some room, not sure on the 77.
I appreciate your comments on backhoe strength and use. Im looking at a mini excavator as an option as the tractor prices seem low to start with then quickly move to $53,000 + level in Australian $$$ by the time the add bucket, bh, and other items. I m starting to think a mini excavator might have better value. Safety in the big question and id like to use a brush cutter for blackberry cutting

=

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST

thanks for your comment. Whats your view of a [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]KUBOTA[/AFFILIATE] MINI excavator's usefulness and strength compared to BH92?

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST
I don’t think I’d add a 4-1 bucket to that setup. 4-1s are expensive. Likely more so than a dedicated bucket plus a separate grapple. They’re also heavy and they aren’t very good at grappling. A Kubota tractor backhoe is the best in the industry IMO. That being said it’s still a tractor backhoe. It’s a long ways from being a mini excavator.
Thank you for your opinion as you made me realize the 4- in 1 bucket has its limitations true from my use on the MX5100 and a grapple would indeed be a better option.

Have you had any experience with the [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]KUBOTA[/AFFILIATE] MINI excavator's usefulness and strength compared to BH92?

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #18  
I have the 2501 tractor, my friend has the 2501 with a backhoe, it works fine but in that size tractor has it's limits. I have here on the farm a U-35 that runs circles around the small tractor with hoe attachment. If not in any hurry any of the smaller tractors will dig, but will never do the work of a Mini. The frame kit is a must on tractors if getting a hoe attached..

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #19  
I have the 2501 tractor, my friend has the 2501 with a backhoe, it works fine but in that size tractor has it's limits. I have here on the farm a U-35 that runs circles around the small tractor with hoe attachment.
I had a small hoe on my B7100 and it certainly wasn't good for large jobs. However, I was able to get it into places a small mini ex wouldn't fit. This was back in 1979 when SCUT tractors & hoes weren't all that common. I did a lot of work for electricians & plumbers in tight spaces and homeowners who wanted minimal landscape damage.

Small hoes have their place.

/ KUBOTA L3800HD 4WD HST #20  
I had a small hoe on my B7100 and it certainly wasn't good for large jobs. However, I was able to get it into places a small mini ex wouldn't fit. This was back in 1979 when SCUT tractors & hoes weren't all that common. I did a lot of work for electricians & plumbers in tight spaces and homeowners who wanted minimal landscape damage.

Small hoes have their place.
Agreed. One of my tractors, a 4x4 made in Japan under the name of Satoh, later Mitsubishi, has a Blackhawk backhoe with undercarriage frame, I bought this unit new in 1978 digging lots ditches as I owned an electrical contracting business then. Also used it all over the farm here for just about anything you might think of needing a tractor or hoe. These little Japanese tractors are very impressive for their size and weight, lots of cast iron in them and the Satoh engine has been bullet proof. Have retired it now and when getting the Mini but still runs great and ready to work!