Kubota L3940 All the Sudden Won't Move and Hydraulics Won't Work

/ Kubota L3940 All the Sudden Won't Move and Hydraulics Won't Work #31  
definitely change all the seals will you are in there and make sure they check the shafts or sleeves that the seals ride on also. A 100$ shaft on a 2000$ dollar repair is cheap compared to having to split the tractor again soon because the new seal did not seal on the old shaft.

I have heard around 2000$ for that job but thankfully have not experienced it myself yet. I believe there are updated parts that better resist the wear Maybe rickb will be along shortly to confirm.

/ Kubota L3940 All the Sudden Won't Move and Hydraulics Won't Work #32  
Mine had that split pin leak about 1 yr. ago. I had it taken to the local dealer. It was just over $2,500 for the repair.

Good luck.

/ Kubota L3940 All the Sudden Won't Move and Hydraulics Won't Work
Well, I got my tractor back the other day and it was a seal leak as suspected. Their wording was:

Hydro leak est fix before anything
Tech found unit leaking out transmission bell housing weep hole

Tech replaced all needed parts to correct issue
Changed out hydro fluid, filters and put in fresh fluid
Checked operation... No leaks

They did some other routine maintenance so I'm unable to separate out the time spent on fixing the leak verses the other. But the cost for the leak parts and all the service time just over $2,400 (before tax).

The breakdown was $482 for parts and $1806 for all the service (@ $18.8162 / hour, which comes to 96 hours). There was $177 for misc. This seems to be in line with what others have reported.

I don't care for paying so much, but it is certainly nice having it back and working. Hope this helps with others trying to diagnose their problem and deciding, whether or not to perform the service and knowing what it will cost.

/ Kubota L3940 All the Sudden Won't Move and Hydraulics Won't Work #34  
If you didn't have significant wear on the swash plate and slippers count yourself lucky. Very lucky.

Note to everyone: Next time you see a significant oil leak under a tractor, it is time to figure out why.

/ Kubota L3940 All the Sudden Won't Move and Hydraulics Won't Work #35  
What I wonder is why you got off so cheap? The parts sound right but that labor sound like half enough to me. Seriously ONLY $18 an hour for labor. ? Wow, that seems REALLY cheap.

/ Kubota L3940 All the Sudden Won't Move and Hydraulics Won't Work #36  
For a dealer to make money, his service hourly rate has to be near $100. Can't pay the tech and pay for the insurance and shop facilities at $18/hour.

My guess the labor bill was 18.81hours at $96/hour...

/ Kubota L3940 All the Sudden Won't Move and Hydraulics Won't Work #37  
That would make a lot more sense. Maybe they figured you wouldn't freak out as much thinking they spent 96 hours at 18$ per hour. But it all comes out to the same thing in the end.

/ Kubota L3940 All the Sudden Won't Move and Hydraulics Won't Work #38  
I was mowing the back side of our pond dam. I back down and drive back up. I have done this many times before. After a few times today I was driving back up and all the sudden my forward movement stopped. I put my foot on the brake and tried a few times to drive up, making sure that it was in gear, but every time I let off the brake I would start rolling backwards. I tried the hydraulics (loader and PTO mower) and neither would raise up. I turned it off and started it again hoping that would reset something, but it didn't. After several attempts in different gears and settings (in case I bumped something) I gave up.

Does anyone have any idea of the likely cause and solution?

/ Kubota L3940 All the Sudden Won't Move and Hydraulics Won't Work #39  
I was mowing the back side of our pond dam. I back down and drive back up. I have done this many times before. After a few times today I was driving back up and all the sudden my forward movement stopped. I put my foot on the brake and tried a few times to drive up, making sure that it was in gear, but every time I let off the brake I would start rolling backwards. I tried the hydraulics (loader and PTO mower) and neither would raise up. I turned it off and started it again hoping that would reset something, but it didn't. After several attempts in different gears and settings (in case I bumped something) I gave up.

Does anyone have any idea of the likely cause and solution?
I have a L4310 i noticed a couple times while I was mowing and backing down a steep grade it didn't want to go forward i cant remember if it finally took off or i backed down to level ground but i think it had to do with all the fluid running to the rear of the tractor away from the pump.you could be a little low on fluid making the cituation worse.get someone with a tractor or 4 wheel drive truck to pull you up to level ground and i bet it will move then check the fluid level i bet its a tad bit low.i wouldn't keep trying it on the hillside where its now your liable to damage the hydraulic pump. Hope this helps thanks Rick