Comparison Kubota L4240HST vs L3800HST TLB's

/ Kubota L4240HST vs L3800HST TLB's #11  
Funny I keep thinking about buying a little smaller tractor because I don't think either of them will do the stump work or rocks I need to do. 12" plus stumps and I have no idea how big the rocks may get but I have some 3-4 foot across rocks laying around the yard from when they dug the cellar hole. I would never be able to move those. You might have a good idea there.
Yup, as I mentioned earlier, getting a dozer or excavator to do the heavy lifting might be smart. Then putter around with your tractor re-grading the mess they leave behind.

/ Kubota L4240HST vs L3800HST TLB's #12  
I have a lot of seat time on the L3800. Don't forget the L3800 has a lot smaller track width than the L. I don't believe an 09 L is a grand L but in any case it will be a lot more stable moving rocks and such and certainly on any side hills. If you can get them at comparable prices go L for the wheelbase and track width advantage.
My L3200 with R4s had a non-adjustable 60" track. My L4060 is adjustable & set to 72", but goes down to 66" I believe. 72" is a lot more stable than the L3200 ever was so I haven't messed with it. Slightly less manuvervable, but I haven't found many issues.

/ Kubota L4240HST vs L3800HST TLB's #13  
Yup, as I mentioned earlier, getting a dozer or excavator to do the heavy lifting might be smart. Then putter around with your tractor re-grading the mess they leave behind.

This is pretty much what I did. I had a friend who lived nearby bring his "real" backhoe up and take the stumps out of my yard, which were left after I (with help) cut down some very large trees that were too close to the house. For the most part, he had no issues taking out stumps and rocks that I wouldn't even think of doing. Some of them even made his machine work hard. Now I use my small tractor to smooth out the areas and take out smaller stumps that I get as I slowly turn my woods into usable areas. This way I don't have a large tractor when all I need to maintain it is a small one.

/ Kubota L4240HST vs L3800HST TLB's #14  
I had an L3800 TLB for a few years then traded it in for a L4060 TLB. There is a big difference for what you are trying to do. The BH alone is much stronger along with the FEL on the Grand. I did allot of digging with both and the Grand definitely did allot better for digging. Also, the Grand is a good amount heavier, and when you are digging with the FEL or the BH, weight is your friend. I also had the heavy duty cutting edge for the FELL which helped allot when pushing trees over. It made the bucket edge very rigid. I ended up selling my Grand since we were moving to a smaller place and to this day I miss it.

/ Kubota L4240HST vs L3800HST TLB's
After reading many of the replies and trying to get the biggest bang for my bucks, I am looking at a B2650 with a cab, FEL, BH and front snowblower. My John Deere x320 does the snowblowing Ok but I would love a heated cab and 4 wheel drive to get up the hill. I am stuck here in the Lakes Region of NH for many more winters I think. I realize I have gone done in size and HP for my other tasks but as someone said, I might be smarter to hire someone to do the big work and I can clean up. New price looks to be around $40,000 plus but it's new and gives me one machine to maintain. I am shying away from the B3350 because of the issues with emissions system. I am concerned with a 51" blower not being as wide as the tractor itself. I have enough problems with ice. I don't need to be packing down the snow as I go. It's always something that makes my life miserable in the winter. Thoughts??

/ Kubota L4240HST vs L3800HST TLB's #16  
After reading many of the replies and trying to get the biggest bang for my bucks, I am looking at a B2650 with a cab, FEL, BH and front snowblower. My John Deere x320 does the snowblowing Ok but I would love a heated cab and 4 wheel drive to get up the hill. I am stuck here in the Lakes Region of NH for many more winters I think. I realize I have gone done in size and HP for my other tasks but as someone said, I might be smarter to hire someone to do the big work and I can clean up. New price looks to be around $40,000 plus but it's new and gives me one machine to maintain. I am shying away from the B3350 because of the issues with emissions system. I am concerned with a 51" blower not being as wide as the tractor itself. I have enough problems with ice. I don't need to be packing down the snow as I go. It's always something that makes my life miserable in the winter. Thoughts??
My loaded (cab, loader, lots of extra hydraulics, big alternator, rear defroster, air ride seat, loaded R4s) L4060hstc was $45k. $40k for less than half the tractor is insane.

ALWAYS make sure your blower is at minimum the same width as your track. Preferably a few inches wider. Otherwise you won't fit in the path you just cleared. That generally goes for most tractor impliments.

/ Kubota L4240HST vs L3800HST TLB's #17  
   / Kubota L4240HST vs L3800HST TLB's #18  
Yeah - 40 large for a B-series???

That's not a value in my opinion.

/ Kubota L4240HST vs L3800HST TLB's #19  
How much land do you have? The 4240 isn't going to lift a 3' diameter rock but it most likely, with some patience move it by either dragging it or rolling it. A cab would be nice in the winter but in the other three months it could be more of a pain. If you have fields you are going to work (doesn't sound like it) then a cab would be nice. If you are working around tree branches and other things that love to smash windows then not so much. If your x320 is doing your snow removal duties then I have to ask how much of a driveway do you have? I do a little over 3/4 of a mile with my front mount snow blower. A foot or less of snow takes me a little under 2 hours.

/ Kubota L4240HST vs L3800HST TLB's #20  
Why not go with the 60" front blower on the B2650 to cover the tracks? You'll also need the hydraulic chute rotator and the chute deflector (hydraulic or electric) is a nice option.

You guys comparing price of grand L without implements and the B2650 with implements don't realize how much the backhoe and front snowblower go for. These two implements are about the price of a rops tractor alone. Price out a similar equipped L4060 and the price is over $60K.