Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good??

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good??
On the L4400DT, we do have a couple in stock. Also, there are still some 2008 models out in the field that can save you significant amounts of dough if you don't mind one that has been sitting for awhile. When getting quotes, be sure to find out what year is being quoted. We have 2009s in stock but can locate anything.

Would a 2008 tractor be considered new, and thus qualify for the 0% financing, or is that only for 2009 models?

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #12  
Would a 2008 tractor be considered new, and thus qualify for the 0% financing, or is that only for 2009 models?

Yes, and it would carry a full warranty

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #13  
Thanks for the kind words Randall. I hope Marv got the grapple and blade to you today and that all looked good.

On the L4400DT, we do have a couple in stock. Also, there are still some 2008 models out in the field that can save you significant amounts of dough if you don't mind one that has been sitting for awhile. When getting quotes, be sure to find out what year is being quoted. We have 2009s in stock but can locate anything.

Hey Brady, Yes I got the grapple and had in on in about 1 hour and tried it out for a few minutes. The blade was a nice unit and will make a good addition to the BX. Marvin was there at about 10:30am and all was well. I appreciate doing business again.

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #14  
do not switch ag tires for R4s, especially if the tractor is actually going to be used for farm-type work. R4s suck in the mud and snow compared to ags. i'd get the 6ft cutter, and the larger trailer w/brakes. i wouldnt put a tractor that size on a trailer w/no brakes.

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #15  
I posted this in the general forums earlier today, but I think that this is probably a far more appropriate place for the question since it's specific to the Kubotas.

I'm looking at purchasing my first tractor. I was originally narrowed down to the New Holland TC1520 and Kubota L3400. However, I recently came across a what seems like a good deal on a new Kubota L4400. After some discussion in the general forums, I think the L440 may be a good fit for my needs. Here are the packages:

Base Package:
L4400
LA703 loader
Skid-Steer Quick Coupler
Ag tires
6ft Turfline box blade
5ft Woods Cutter
18' by 60"W Tandem Axle Trailer
all new for just under $25K

Option 1 - $500:
Swap the Ag tires for R4 Industrials

Option 2 - $550:
Replace Cutter AND Trailer with
6ft Woods Cutter
18' by 83"W Tandem Axle Trailer w/ electric brakes

If I take both options, that puts me right around $26K. In addition, it's all 0% interest for 5yrs through the end of this week. My problem here is that, this being my first time purchasing a tractor, I really have no idea what's a good deal and what's not. ...Sure would be nice to have a blue book value for tractors!

Originally, I hadn't even considered buying a new tractor, but it seems that a lot of the good condition, low hour tractors in the size range that I'm looking are in the $17K range (and I'd still have more implements to purchase). With 0% financing for 5yrs, and of course the warranty that comes with a new purchase it's tough to pass up... IF it's a good price to start with.

Hopefully there are some more experienced tractor owners that will have a better idea if these numbers are that good or not.

Thanks!!!
Numbers look OK but as stated, build one at Barlows to get a good baseline.

All said and done with a trailer, I'd say it's a fair deal.

I will say this; when I bought the B series in 2006, I swapped tires twice before settling for the turfs, point being; they never offered for any charge at all between any type of tire. Even swap. Just saying.

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #16  
Byrd,

A note on R4 tires, I have them on my L4200 and have had them on my New Holland TC29 and TC35 that I used to have, I really like the R4's, as you stated they are a little easier on the turf yet provide plenty of traction for me, I use my machine to plow snow, finish cut 5 acres, skid logs, brush hog ect ect and have never been without enough traction, I also will note that backhoes ect run on R4's

Just my .02

Mike

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #17  
Also I wanted to mention that you MUST have a trailer with brakes for a machine like the L4400.

-Mike

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #18  
Brady will treat you right. I'm off 64 between Richmond and Charlottesville. He delivered one to me last fall with no issues.

Go with the 6 foot cutter.

I think you need a bigger trailer. At least 10K and 22-24 feet long. My L3940 with a woods 6 foot Bush hog measures 24 feet from the bucket to the tail wheel.

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #19  
I tow my L4400 with a 1992 S-10 Blazer and yeah I would diffently get a trailer with brakes. But I have towed with a nieghbors F250 and the truck seemed to handle the stopping distance just fine. Anyway L4400 is a Great Tractor:D

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good??
I tow my L4400 with a 1992 S-10 Blazer and yeah I would diffently get a trailer with brakes. But I have towed with a nieghbors F250 and the truck seemed to handle the stopping distance just fine. Anyway L4400 is a Great Tractor:D

I haven't said much recently since I've been in the middle of working out the details of my purchase. I figured I'd wait until everything was official. I've been working with Brady Barlow over the past few days to iron out all the details.

I've got a Ford F250 diesel, so hauling shouldn't be a problem. I'm not very worried about hauling the tractor on a 7000# lb trailer either, but I've still decided to go with a 10,400# GVW trailer. I'd like to be able to haul round bales with the trailer and the larger capacity will give some extra piece of might with a load of larger bales.

Does anyone have any experience with Gatormade trailers? This is the manufacture that Barlow Equip sells. They look quite nice on the Gatormade website, but some first had experiences would be welcome.

But thanks for all the continued advice everyone!